Chapter 6 : The Changing Room

Jane's first class was physical education. She liked doing sport, she had spent her Summer playing basketball with Troy and Lucas, it had been very fun. She arrived in the changing room where Beverly already was with other girls she knew, but Jane didn't see Max.

- "Max is not here?" Jane asked, putting her bag on the bench.

- "I haven't seen her yet, she is certainly late, I mean, it wouldn't be the first time." 

- "Yeah...I hope she is fine."

- "Why wouldn't she be fine?" Bev frowned.

- "I don't know. I'm just...paranoid, I guess."

- "Hey, if there is something bothering you, you know you can tell me, right?"

- "I know, but it's not about me, so, I'll see with her."

- "Okay, as you want. But now I'm worried!"

- "Don't, it's probably nothing."

Bev frowned but didn't insist. She knew Jane wouldn't talk anyway, if there was a good secret-keeper in this school, it was Jane. She wasn't a big fan of gossips. It kinda saved Bev because when Jane arrived in her middle school, the redhead had an awful reputation because of the story with her father. But Jane preferred having her own opinion about her and decided to not listen to the others. Now, they were best friends. She even became friends with other students of the school thanks to her. And Jane was still sick at this period, she knew better than anyone else how it was to be victim of rumors.

Beverly was cut in her thoughts by Max bursting in the room and going next to them to put her bag on the bench. She had a bruise on her face, bandages around her hands, and she seemed to limp.

- "Are you okay?" Jane frowned.

- "I'm fine," Max answered with a sharp tone.

- "Why those bandages then?"

- "I did boxing."

- "Boxing? You do boxing?"

- "Yes, I do boxing! What is it!? An interrogation!?"

- "No, I'm just wondering if you're okay," Jane mumbled.

- "I am! There is a boxing center near my building, sometimes I go there to practice! I just went hard yesterday, that's all!"

- "Okay, okay."

Max didn't like when Jane was asking questions like these, especially in front of everyone. It was getting on her nerves. As the redhead was already wearing her sportswear, she didn't have to change. She was about to leave when Beverly grabbed her arm to stop her and looked at her with an interrogating frown. Max brutally freed herself before saying:

- "Mind your own business. Please."

Max quickly left the changing room. She couldn't stand the pity in their looks. She didn't need pity, pity never helped anyone.

Jane and Beverly looked at their friend leaving the room, both not really knowing what to say. Jane was sure it wasn't boxing who hurt her so much, it was certainly Neil, once again. Only him could put her in such a state.

But the brunette quickly found something else to think about. On her right was Clara, the girl that everyone was finding beautiful, and Jane was agreeing with them. The other brunette was changing her tee-shirt, and Jane wasn't missing a piece of this. She had two cute lemons too, and her pink complexion made her cheeks look so soft. It must be so pleasant to kiss them or to just caress them.

Beverly, on Jane's left, didn't miss anything too. She noticed the blush growing on her friend's cheeks, and her eyes full of desire and curiosity. The redhead smiled, amused to discover this part of Jane she didn't know. It was cute.