Chapter 30 : Hospital

Troy wanted to support Jane. He was happy for her because playing guitar had always been important for his best friend, and he wanted to show her that he was there. Abigail followed him, unwillingly because she didn't really care about Jane and didn't want to support her. When they arrived in the backstage, they saw Jane leaving the stage. Troy first frowned, not understanding, but then she collapsed on the ground. The boy didn't hesitate and ran to her to make her roll on her back.

- "Jane!? Jane! Do you hear me!?"

As she wasn't answering, he placed his ear above her mouth. She wasn't breathing. He quickly opened the top of her shirt and began a heart massage.

- "Call 9-1-1!" he ordered.

Abigail started. She was so shocked that she couldn't think properly. She took her phone and called for help. While she was giving them information, Troy was giving Jane mouth-to-mouth. As Troy's father was a firefighter, the young teen knew the first aid. But he wished he would have never had to use it on his best friend.

Outside the building, Beverly and Max were smoking their cigarettes while they were talking about everything and nothing.

- "So, can I know why your first time is so funny?" Bev asked.

- "Our first time is not really funny, it was just the fact that you asked if she passed out because...well, our first time was kinda...short."

- "Oh, okay!"

- "So, she didn't have time to pass out. She didn't even have time to take off her pants!" Max explained.

- "At this point?" Bev chuckled.

- "She was stressing, and it was our first time, she was a bit clumsy, but, to be honest, I don't think I would have lasted longer. But she was feeling so embarrassed, while it was okay, I mean, it's flattering to know that she was feeling so many things inside her that she couldn't handle it."

- "You're really cute when you're in love."

- "It's not really hard with Jane, she is cute all the time."

Beverly gently pushed her friend, which made Max laugh. The two redheads were cut in their conversation by sirens coming to them. When they saw the vehicles going to the back of the building, both began to worry. The two girls entered and noticed that everyone was wondering what was happening, some going on the stage to go behind the curtain. Bev grabbed Max's arm and took her through the halls. When they arrived in the backstage, they saw a crowd in circle, all looking on the ground.

Three ambulance men entered in running in the building, all crouching next to Jane. One of them frowned and seemed disturbed by the situation.

- "Mehdi? Is everything okay?" one of the men asked.

- "Um, yeah, it's just...she is my neighbor."

- "Then, help us to save her."

Mehdi nodded and continued the massage. Troy explained them what happened and what he did before letting them do their work. But at the same moment, Max and Bev managed to walk between the teens to see what was happening.

- "Oh my god! Jane!" Max screamed.

She tried to reach her girlfriend, but Troy stopped her in her way by wrapping his arms around her waist and forcing her to step back, even if the redhead was struggling.

- "Max! Calm down!"

- "Get out of my way! I need to see her!"

- "Max! There is nothing you can do right now!"

Max stopped struggling and firmly grabbed Troy's arms more to not collapse too than because she wanted to push him away. She couldn't understand how a few minutes could have changed their lives.