Chapter 53 : Lazy Sunday

Max's awake was peaceful. The first thing she saw when she opened her eyes was her girlfriend still asleep, lightly snoring. She couldn't hold her smile; she had waited for that moment for so long. She didn't remember when the last time she had slept so peacefully was. But she didn't care anymore, all those long nights of worries and nightmares were over now. Now she was divided, she didn't want to wake her up, but she wanted so much to embrace her too. She gently grabbed Jane's wrist and softly raised her arm before placing herself under, her head on Jane's shoulder, before placing the arm on her. She wide opened her eyes when she felt Jane's arms hugging her.

- "If you didn't want to wake me up, I'm sorry to tell you that you failed," Jane said with a hoarse voice.

- "Sorry," Max pouted.

- "Don't be."

Jane rubbed her eyes before tightening the hug, placing her head on her girlfriend's. The brunette grabbed her new beautiful mobile phone which was on her nightstand to know what time it was. It was almost midday.

- "Damn, we slept a lot!"

- "It's Sunday, nobody cares. And I'm sure your sister and her girlfriend are doing the same thing as us. And you need lots of energy to be prepared of the program I made for you."

- "Um...A program? What program?"

- "You have lots of works to catch up. We'll all help you to do it correctly."

- "I have the feeling that I won't like it," Jane mumbled.

- "No, you clearly won't," Max chuckled.

Jane had a worried expression on her face which amused more her girlfriend. Max kissed Jane's cheek before hiding her face in her neck to close her eyes a little bit more again. She smiled when she saw that Jane put cartoons on her laptop, she always thought it was cute that she was still watching some.

- "Jane?"

- "Yeah?"

- "How do you say, "I love you" in French?"

- "Je t'aime."

- "Je t'aime. I like it."

Jane widely smiled before hugging more her girlfriend who chuckled. The two girls stayed a long moment in the bed, cuddling each other. But they began to be hungry, so they found some courage to get up. When they arrived in the kitchen, Max looked for something to prepare while Jane brutally opened the door of the living-room to scare the two other teens. Constance and Robin both started.

- "Hi," Jane smiled.

- "Yeah, act like if you were innocent!" Constance answered, getting out of the sofa.

- "I am!"

- "No, not really!" Max added.

- "I feel stabbed in the back."

- "Oh yeah, I can see the knife from here," Robin joked.

Jane playfully rolled her eyes while Constance, Robin, and Max were laughing. Constance left them to take a shower while Robin and Jane sat at the kitchen table, looking at Max cooking.

- "You don't want help?" Robin offered.

- "No, no, I'm fine. I got it," Max answered.

- "I stopped asking her, it's always the same answer," Jane added.

- "Jane, when I see how good you are in chemistry, I prefer not imagining you cooking."

- "...When I live with her, I don't wanna here anyone telling me that I'm a lazy ass, letting Max serve me."