P R O L O G U E

Author's note: This is my first Liskook fanfic so be nice! Lol. It's an Idol AU short story that will run for about ten chapters or so. Not quite sure about that yet.

I write smut for catharsis although I only ever publish them in my diary. Lol. For this one, I was inspired by synnicals' work, Honey Coolers. Go check it out if you haven't yet!

Italics: thoughts, korean words, emphasis
Bolds: digital messages and audio

This is set in late 2019, Lisa and JK are both 23 here. Not that that's important. What's important is they are both consenting adults.

The songs I post at the beginning of each chapter serve as moodmakers as you read through them. Today it's Two Door Cinema Club's What You Know. Love this band.

I recommend you read this in dark mode for a better viewing experience.

Okay, enough talk. Let's get on it!

♤♤♤

“Thank you, Tokyo! We love you!”

Lalisa Manoban’s perfect silhouette shone starkly against the spotlight, her immaculate ash ponytail swaying with the wind as she called out on her microphone. The four iconic idols of Blackpink waved at the glimmering sea of pink that is their beloved fans, the Blinks, who responded with hair-raising cheers of love and adoration that resounded throughout the big dome for the biggest girl group in the world.

Lisa beamed warmly at her three best girls who were now slowly engulfed by fog as their platforms descended with hers beneath the stage. They have closed countless shows by now, but for her, the high never gets old. After years of training amidst a different culture, learning a whole new language, and fighting tooth and nail to prove herself as a K-pop idol despite being Thai, she still could not believe that her blood, sweat and tears have finally paid off and she has done it—doing what she loves for her fans. She closed her eyes, saying a silent prayer of thanks until the platforms jolted to a halt. 

“And that’s a wrap for our world tour!” Jennie exclaimed, cutting through Lisa’s thoughts, pulling the four girls into a big hug.

“Well-deserved vacation, here we come!” Rosé followed, locking her arms around Lisa’s and Jisoo’s, jumping giddily like a schoolgirl on spring break.

“Yah! Park Chaeyoung! You’re going to dislocate my arm, pabo!” Jisoo complained, prying Rosé’s arm off of hers as she took her phone. “I have to text Jin that we wrapped up already,” she continued like the concert was just another day at the office.

Lisa perked up. “That reminds me, I have to text Mingyu. I’ve never been in touch with him for so long.” Lisa sighed guiltily as they proceeded back to their dressing rooms to get out of their show fits and into more comfortable clothing.