105 no pick ups

"the number you have dialled is engaged at the moment, please try again later"

jordan cursed under her breath. she dialled the number again and texted the same number for maybe the hundredth time. it was 9 in the morning, she hasn't sleep ever since johnny left the dorm a day ago. jordan went out and check the premises and the other guy's dorm a few hours after he left yesterday but nothing gave her a lead. 

then her phone rang. thinking it was johnny, she picked up as fast as she could. 

"johnny?"

"please come back, im really sorry"

"of course you are kiddo but im sorry im not johnny" 

it was taeyong...of course.

"you're suppose to go and check out the list of the new year 1s that are coming tomorrow" 

"i can come with you since johnny is not around"

"3 of the year 1s are already here and they're hanging out at mark's dorm with the rest of the guys"

"you want to do anything about the year 1s?"  

"oh"

"let them rest"

"ask the year 2s to bring them around the school and hang out with them for now"

"tell the whole team including the new year 1s to assemble at our sports hall at 1pm"

"alright on it"

"and in the mean time what are you going to do till 1pm?"

"find johnny."

"thank you brother, ill meet you at 1pm"

she hung up.

why is nobody freaking out that johnny hasnt came back? he must have informed them something then. if not, taeyong would have been panicking by now. she quickly put on a decent outfit and head out the door to meet anastasia like promised. jordan got her bike keys and picked up anastasia from her dorm block.

when they reached food spot for the day, they sat down and talked like usual. she felt different today though. she felt off. not because of johnny's absence but she just felt different. she turned to her left and saw a worker staring at their table.

"you okay bubs?",anastasia asked as soon as she saw jordan fidgetting and feeling uncomfortable. "how did you find this place?",jordan asked her friend. 

"i got a brochure when i was on the way back from getting frabics at the textile store",anastasia said. jordan looked around the store. the places look like its going well. it doesnt need a promotion boost. feeling the need to find out what's bugging her, she ask anastasia to bring out the brochure. 

weird. the aesthetic of the brochure, its totally different from the food place. knowing how usually stores would put out the same kind of posters outside the stores like the one they have on the brochure. 

the brochure was full of promotions like some breakfast promotion, 1 for 1 pancakes or so. from the looks of it, it is normal to have 1 for 1 pancakes and breakfast promotion here but there is no limited time like stated in the brochure. 

jordan then slowly check the tables for bugs or anything that may harm them and the public. once the food was being sent to their table, she looked at the food. 

"sorry can we get a to-go? my girlfriend is feeling unwell",jordan asked as she made ey-contact with anastasia who was confused. anastasia then caught on when jordan gave her a smile. "yes. babe im so sorry we can't eat here, my cramps are really kicking it today",anastasia acted. 

"no problem, please wait awhile while we pack this, please make your way to the cashier to make payments, thank you!",the server gave them a smile. jordan then stood up and held hands with anastasia while making her way to the cashier. 

the same worker that stared at them was there near the cashier. jordan gave him a smile, "big crowd today huh?",she started a conversation. "must be the promotion",she blurted out and the guy faced up and looked at jordan. 

"yeah. our stores running low these days so glad it worked",he said as he smiled and he scratched his head and moved to the back room.

tattoo on left wrist and a chain bracelet.

"here you go miss! that will be 14 dollars", the cashier said and jordan paid up. "have a nice day, we hope to see you again",the cashier greeted. 

jordan kept her hands tight on anastasia and walked out of the store to her motorbike parked at the parking lot behind the store. to not make it obvious, she started the bike, sure that it was bugged. a false start. she got down from the bike and check her tyres. "aw man, they are deflated and flat and im out of gasoline",jordan faked. 

she checked her tyres again and poked it to get air out. making sure to keep a cctv camera in sight. "what happened",anastasia who knew nothing about bikes was actually worried. she called taeyong. 

as soon as he picked up, she put up an act again. 

"whats up kiddo"

"hey evans! look paige..."

jordan side hugged anastasia, who is now named paige.

"she needs a ride home but my tyre is flat, i would get her cab home but she's not feeling very well"

"right! okay got everything ratified"

"dont worry im on the way"

"just send me the address, how about that dude?"

"alright sounds beautiful, hurry dude, its hot out here, theres alot of bugs i dont want them to follow my girlfriend home"

she laughed. they hung up. jordan sent the address and they waited at the carpark. she sighed as she sat down by the side road with anastasia in her arms. "im sorry princess",jordan said and kissed the side of anastasia forehead. 

"just when i thought i'll never be back in the field"

great. johnny's not answering my calls and someone is out bounty hunting me. days get worse just when it have gotten better. great. 

writer's note :

sorry for leaving all of you for so long, i just finished my end years exam yesterday and ill be free to update more regularly now hahhahaah. thank you for waiting for me!