17.

Chapter 17.

Xavier's P.O.V

I placed the food on the small table and I watched Emily move as she sat down.

I sat down opposite her, and no other words were muttered.

I watched her, I couldn't take my eyes off her. I never could.

If my eyes weren't on her, my mind was. If my mind wasn't on her, my eyes were. My lips had to be on hers too. Always.

"Are you going to eat your food?" Emily asked as she looked to me, my eyes flickered down to my food.

"Yeah, it smells good." I stated. It smelt so much better than what I could have made for her.

"It tastes good too." She smiled my way innocently. I smiled in return. She just made me happy. She made me want to live. How? I didn't know. I was still confused, but it felt right.

I started to eat my own food, every now and again, my eyes flickered up to her face, I continued to watch her, I couldn't help it. I needed to see her, to make sure she was really here.

She felt like a dream, my dream, and I was so used to having nightmares. She was a breath of fresh air and she was real. She was mine.

I had never wanted to claim someone as mine, because I couldn't stand to want to have something so much. But her, I needed her, and she was mine, whether she knew it or not. She was mine and nobody could take her away from me.

Emily placed down her knife and fork as she leaned back in her seat. Her cheeks puffed out and she laid a hand to her belly.

"Stuffed?" I asked as I looked to her. I had already finished my food before her. She nodded her head in reply and I smiled warmly.

"Thank you." Emily said as she moved forward. She laid her hand out on the table as her arm stretched out. She took hold of my hand, and my fingers flexed around hers.

I took her hand into mine, tightly and strongly.

"You don't need to thank me." I muttered. My thumb started to rub circles on the outside of her hand. I heard her sigh.

My hands shook slightly, and I wanted to take my hand away so she wouldn't feel the slight tremors, but I couldn't seem to find the strength.

"But I do, this is lovely, I've had a lovely time." She smiled. All she did was smile, so radiant and bright. I loved it. It brightened everything around her, even me.

"It was nothing." I used my other hand to wave it off as if it was no big deal.

It really was no big deal. I wanted to make her happy, I wanted to make her like me, I messed up, but she forgave me.

And that was okay.

She got up and moved around the table. My eyes followed her body until she reached me. My heart rate picked up. "It was everything." She kissed my cheek. Her lips were so soft, and her breath fanned across my cheek. I couldn't take it, I needed to taste her; to feel her lips on mine.

Before she could move away, I grabbed hold of her face gently. I pulled her lips to mine.

My heart burst out of my chest. This was all I needed.

She pulled away after a minute. She breathed deeply as she looked to me under hooded eyes. My body needed her.

"Xavier." She breathed. My body was losing control.

"Emily." I croaked back. She pulled me out of my seat and brought me to her little body.

She wrapped her arms around my waist, and I found myself doing the same.