𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧!!

╔═══════════════╗

╚═══════════════╝

╚═══════════════╝

IF THERE WAS one thing severus snape hated more than harry potter, it was that when it rained, it meant that he had to go outside.

don't get the man wrong. he loved the musty clouds and moist air, but he'd much rather be inside coddled up by the fire and reading a book than outside sitting on a wet bench with an umbrella hanging over his head.

"PAPA LOOK!! LOOK AT MY LADYBUG RAIN BOOTS!!!", lily proudly showed off as she jumped into a shallow puddle of dirty water.

ah yes. severus snape was out in the breeze of a rainy day because his adorable little daughter had requested so.

lily was very excited to stomp in her new rain boots that snape had bought her for christmas last year.

the girl couldn't help but admire the cute ladybug prints that were patterned all over the black rain boots.

"papa, come join me!! it's really fun!!", lily urged.

"no thank you phoebe. I'm good staying here", snape politely rejected.

lily slightly pouted as she continued hopping from puddle to puddle, ruining her reflection.

another thing that made little lily quite confused was that snape never called her by her first name, only phoebe and never lily.

the girl didn't understand what the point was of having her first name as lily when snape refused to ever call her that.

lily then squatted down as she gazed into one of the more clearer puddles.

her red raincoat covered her entire body, leaving only her round face visible and a few strands of coffee brown locks.

she had always wondered who her mother was. perhaps she had the same eyes as her, or maybe even the same smile.

lily wondered many times who her real father was. it didn't take a genius to figure out that lily wasn't snape's biological daughter.

sure they had nearly the same colored hair and eyes, but the face structure was off.

lily's face was a bit more chiseled, even for a mere four year-old, meanwhile snape's jaw was more square.

"phoebe, are you done yet? we wouldn't want you to catch a cold now do we?", snape warned, bringing the girl back from her thoughts.