𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡!!

╔═══════════════╗

╚═══════════════╝

╚═══════════════╝

LILY HAD FINALLY found harry, meeting him in front of (previously) dumbledore's office.

"HARRY! I finally found you!! where's mione and ron?", the little girl asked, looking behind the male.

"they're...they're helping the others. come with me lily", harry croaked out, not exactly being able to look at the girl in the face.

the two entered dumbledore's office, in which the pensieve was still in the middle of the room, standing proudly along with the other items in the office.

"where'd you get this from?", lily asked as harry poured the single tear into the shallow basin.

"from...one of the members of the order of phoenix", harry answered, to which lily just nodded.

technically, harry didn't lie. snape was part of the order, though he did betray them, he was still part of the organization at one point.

the two hovered their heads above the plate-like magical tool, watching as the memories flooded through the two of them.

lily immediately recognized all of this, as it showed the entirety of snape's life.

harry, who was seeing this for the very first time, had realized that perhaps his father wasn't always the saint he had assumed he was.

"h-harry...are you sure you got this from—"

lily's words were immediately cut off as she saw a memory that neither dumbledore nor her father had showed her before.

"there'll come a time...where harry potter must be told something", dumbledore spoke, making snape turn to the man.

"but you must wait until voldemort is at his most vulnerable".

"must be told what?", snape inquired.

"on the night voldemort went to godric's hollow to kill harry, and lily potter cast herself between them, the curse rebounded.

when that happened, a part of voldemort's soul latched itself onto the only living thing it could find...harry himself.

there's a reason harry can speak to snakes. a reason he was able to look into voldemort's mind.

a part of voldemort lives inside him", dumbledore explained.