𝐬𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐞'𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐧!!!!

╔═══════════════╗

╚═══════════════╝

╚═══════════════╝

"PROFESSOR DUMBLEDORE, I'M sorry to bother but—"

lily suddenly stopped as she saw her papa overseeing professor dumbledore's hand, which had turned quite flakey and dark since the last time she's seen it.

it was almost as if he was cursed, and it was spreading through his hand.

"ah, ms. lily. you're never a bother. what is it that you need?", dumbledore asked.

"u-umm...", lily stuttered as she glanced over at her papa, who just raised a brow.

"ah, severus, why don't you go get me my medicine. ms. lily and I will wait for your return", dumbledore smiled.

snape hesitantly nodded as he left, lingering slightly by the doorway before completely disappearing.

"so ms. lily, what is it that you would like to discuss with me?", dumbledore kindly asked, though the old wizard seemed to have already gotten a vague idea about what this upcoming discussion would be about.

"w-well...I was just wondering if you knew—"

lily stopped.

she didn't want to exactly rat her father out, because what if dumbledore didn't know and she accidentally tells him and then it's all over for snape?

lily knew her papa was quite the skilled wizard, but not as brilliant as dumbledore himself.

sensing the girl's internal unease, dumbledore then spoke.

"is it your father that you're concerned about?", dumbledore spoke up.

lily immediately nodded, still not wanting to speak in case something crucial slips from her mouth.

"come take a look at this", dumbledore said as he motioned towards the fountain-like object in the middle of his office.

"I use the pensieve. one simply siphons the excess thoughts from one's mind, pours them into the basin, and examines them at one's leisure. it becomes easier to spot patters and links, you understand, when they are in this form", dumbledore explained.

lily admired the shallow metal basin that resembled that of a mirror. runes and strange carvings were engraved around the edge whilst the object itself released a silvery substance, similar to a murky mist.