𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐫𝐲!!

╔═══════════════╗

╚═══════════════╝

╚═══════════════╝

WHEN LILY HAD entered the dining hall, she had originally wanted to sit with harry, hermione, and ron, since ron was getting the jitters for his first quidditch match against slytherins.

but once she saw a dazed draco malfoy sitting alone (surprisingly), she had made it her mission to cheer up the boy who seemed on the verge of ultimate isolation.

"gooooddddd morningggg!!", lily greeted, making the boy give the girl a ghost of a smile.

lily was stunned.

that was absolutely not the reaction she was expecting.

the normal draco would've said something like: "no! it's not a good morning!", or "I suppose it's a fine morning", or "yorkshire pudding?", which was lily's favorite response most of the time.

"draco, are you feeling well?? perhaps you've also caught the jitters like ron?", lily worried, sticking her hand against draco's forehead.

"I'm not playing today", draco said, making lily even more stunned.

"no quidditch?! but you're the slytherin seeker!! the BEST SEEKER!", lily exaggerated, making harry turn and look at the girl's direction.

lily awkwardly chuckled while sending harry a wave.

she then focused back on draco, who seemed to have looked paler than she had last seen him, which was nearly a week ago since she's been hanging out with hermione and luna more.

"someone's subbing in for me. I'm not exactly...in the mood to play", draco softly said, patting lily's head.

"what's wrong? maybe I can help!!", the girl cheerfully offered.

draco shook his head.

"it's nothing".

"then can I at least eat breakfast with you?", lily asked.

"do as you like".

lily silently chewed on her bacon and eggs as she watched draco daze off once again, not eating anything.

"open your mouth! the airplane's coming innnn", lily giggled as she forced the boy to eat some scrambled eggs.

at one point, draco had finally gained more self-awareness and started feeding himself as he realized how embarrassing it was for a six year-old to be feeding him while making airplane noises.