𝐩𝐞𝐭!!

╔═══════════════╗

╚═══════════════╝

╚═══════════════╝

HARRY, HERMIONE, AND ron held in a laugh as snape looked at the snow-white ferret disappointedly.

"why's there an otter in the class??", lily asked, snuggling through the many pairs of legs so that she could finally witness the animal sitting aggressively on draco's seat.

"lily, it's a ferret....and it's...draco malfoy", ron snorted, making the ferret scowl at the weasley.

"draco?? but draco's not a ferret", lily reasoned, now extremely confused.

"too bad, so sad. I suppose the potion won't wear off until professor snape finds a solution. in the meantime, why don't I take—"

ron was immediately interrupted when lily had went ahead and cradled the ferret, walking away with it and making ron's jaw drop.

"h-hey lily, say, why don't we share? I've always wanted to punch malf—I mean take care of malfoy", ron cynically smiled, making lily wary.

"stop it ron! you're scaring her", hermione scolded.

"papa, can I take care of him pleaseeeeee??", lily begged.

the girl had always wanted a kitten or any type of animal to take care of, but snape had found every reason in the book to reject the girl's request.

snape took a moment to think about it, as this ferret wasn't necessarily real, just draco malfoy as an animal.

he supposed that it was fine as long as lily took good care of him.

"fine".

"YAY!!", lily cheered as she tightly squeezed the ferret, nearly making it choke.

"oh, I'm sorry", lily softly apologized as she petted the ferret, making it growl.

for the rest of the day, lily was responsible for taking draco to class, as even though the boy was a literal ferret, it didn't mean that he couldn't continue his education.

"lily, what is it that you have there in your arms?", alastor moody asked, making the girl awkwardly laugh.

"umm...draco? well...a ferret, but draco", the little girl explained.

she would not deny that professor moody terrified her, especially with his scarred up face and crazy eye, but she had learned not to judge someone by their appearance, so she smiled on.