13

Tae was sitting beside Tee with a deep thoughtful frown on his forehead. He stared at the sleeping figure of the pale boy. He leaned closer and pecked his forehead. "I'm so sorry..."

"He's been traumatized by what you said" 

Tae looked up at Tee's aunt who was looking back at him with a hard look on her face.

"I didn't mean a word I said! They were talking nonsense about him! About his-" Tae tried to explain but really, could he tell her his friends thought Tee was sexy so he went on to insult the boy?

"Yeah, well what he heard was enough to help an already building break down! Thanks for that" she snapped at him. "You people... do you ever stop to think it through? Once, just once before you say something to or about another living person how your words could actually hurt them?"

Tae looked down shamefully. He had been like a teenage rowdy kid who feels attracted to someone and instead of pursuing them, starts to lash out at them and insult and bully them to make themselves feel important. 

"Emh..."

They both looked at Tee who was squirming around like an adorable kitten. He had been asleep for two days now. He rubbed his eyes and slowly opened his eyes to look around. "Emh... auntie..."

"I'm here baby"

"I'm hungry" Tee said abruptly and she laughed. 

"Oh, when are you not you little maniac"  she pinched his nose adoringly and kissed his forehead. "But, you need to eat something light first, okay? You were gone for two days"

Tee blinked. "Enh... two? What happened?" Tee tried to strain his head. Then looked at Tae. "P-phi... P'Tae?"

"Hey Teetee" Tae smiled down at the boy, feeling a little awkward after the jumping confession that led Tee to this hospital bed. 

"Wa-what are you... enh, what are you doing here?" Tee asked weakly. "What happened to me?"

Tae blinked while Tee's aunt looked between them. "I was hoping you could tell me" 

"Tee... you don't remember?" Tae asked with a ghastly expression. "Tee? I came to see you"

"Huh?" Tee blinked. "When?" he asked innocently and Tae just sucked in a breath. 

'What the-' he gave Dr. Reena a questioning look who sighed. 

Tee looked between them. "Why? What happened? Auntie?"

Reena smiled and patted his head. "Nothing baby. It's all good. You passed out and your P'Tae brought you here" she looked up at Tae firmly and Tae could only agree with her and give Tee a smile. "See?" She smiled again and ran a hand on his forehead. "It's all good. Just rest huh, I'll get you some porridge" she eyed Tae again before walking out.

.
.

"How come he forgot what happened at his place?"

Reena eyed him coldly. "Maybe because he wanted to. What was it this time, huh? What did you do to him now?"

"I..." Tae sighed and shut up. He couldn't make himself say it.

Reena huffed. "It's always something. When it come to you, there's always a reason for him to hurt" she shook her head. "Why? Huh? Why do you think you're superior enough to insult or look down on him? Or anyone?"

Tae looked down.

"You think he laughs and smiles so he doesn't work hard enough? He doesn't feel the pressure or he's not scared to disappoint?" She snapped at him. "If you really believe that he drags you down, why don't you stop working with him? Oh, because you can't be the bad guy to break up the famous ship, right?" She sneered and he looked down.