His Job.

"Holy shit." Jaehyun breathed out. "Hello. Jaehyun? Are you gonna help her?" "You work here now?" "Yeah. I kinda need it for that thing we talked about." I nodded but I didn't say anything. We stood there staring at each other. "Oh shit! Mya, is this the guy you went on a date with?" Jaehyun's ears turned red. "Y'all dating and working in the same store." "We're not dating." "We're not?" I turned to Jaehyun "I mean, it was just one date. You did tell your babymama that I was your good friend." I said putting emphasis on the friend part. "I know but you don't know how crazy she is. She'll find some way to use that against me later." He has no idea what he could use against her. "So are we?" "Let's go on another date and then see how that goes. A formal date." 

Johnny laughed "I can't believe this. You know, you two are gonna have to hide this from Eric." "Why would we?" Johnny put his hand on Jaehyun's shoulder "Oh Jaehyun. You poor thing. He doesn't have many super strict rules but the number one rule is no dating between staff. It just causes tension when they break up and that messes with his money. One couple got fired last year. They lost each other and their jobs." I nodded "Yeah it was a tragic day. Eric was pissed you could feel the tension as soon as you parked your car in the lot." "Geez. Well, it can't be too hard to hide it right?" I shrugged "It shouldn't be. Anyways, I don't wanna hold you guys up from work. Also when's your lunch break Jaehyun?" "At 2." He looked at his watch "So about 4 hours. I take it that you're not gonna hang in the store for 4 fours." I shook my head "Hell no. I'm gonna run some errands and I'll be back around 2. If not, text me." He nodded in agreement. I turned to Johnny "You should back to work too." "I am. I'm waiting for you to be ready to leave so I can walk with you." "Oh okay. Bye Jaehyun." "Bye Mya." 

Me and Johnny left the aisle and started walking back to the front. "So are you gonna tell him?" "Tell him what?" "About your criminal record." "I don't have a criminal record. It's just three charges of assault. But you know two out of three has been dismissed because of the words 'self defense'. In which it was." "Pshh. You still have mugshots and you should tell him. He's gonna see them eventually." "I will tell him but I don't wanna scare him off. He has kids, and I already love them and somehow I don't wanna lose that privilege." Johnny gasped "You have a soft spot for kids don't you." "Hell no. I do not like your cousins." "That's mean. There's nothing wrong with them." "You know those kids that lived next door when you were younger that just made no sense and you avoided them with every bone in your body?" He nodded "Yeah." "Those are your cousins." "No it's not. They are nice and normal." I shook my head "Okay Johnny. If you believe that's normal then it's normal."

We were at the front of the store "In all seriousness Mya. Your secret is safe with me. About everything that's going on." "Thank you Johnny. I really do appreciate to have you as a friend." "Thank you. I appreciate you too. But I have to get back to work now Eric is most likely on his way to lecture me now." I chuckled "Okay see you later Johnny." "See you later."
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I heard my phone ringing from the other room. "Oh god! I'm watching a movie, who could possibly be calling me now!" I waited for it to stop ringing to unpause the movie but that didn't last long because it started ringing again. I groaned and got up to get my phone. I saw that it was Jaehyun. "Hello?" "Hi sorry. I can't make the lunch date. Something happened with the boys and I have to go get them from Kassandra." "What happened?" He heavily sighed "Donghyuck got hurt because she wasn't paying attention to him and I have to now rush to the emergency room." She's such a bad mom I swear. "Do you want me to meet you there?" "I can text you the hospital name when I get settled in. I have no idea how long that'll be." "Okay. That's fine. I'm praying for them. I hope the both of them are okay." "Me too. I'll call you later I have to pay attention to the road." "Okay. Drive safe. Bye." "Bye."
-
-
-
-
-
-
"It smells good in hereee!" I heard Joy's voice from the door. In a quick few seconds she was in the kitchen. "What are you making?" "Chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes, and spaghetti squash." "That's alot of food. Is Jaehyun coming over?" I shook my head "He's with the boys so he's gonna be a while." "Are they okay?" "Hospital. One of them got hurt." "Oh god. I hope that he'll be okay." "Me too. I really like those kids." I grabbed plates and started putting food on them. "That's weird for you to say considering how many kids you don't like." I chuckled as I gave her the plate "I like kids just not certain ones. They're weird. And loud." "So Jaehyuns' kids aren't either of those?" "They can be loud. But it's so adorable." She shook her head. I sat down at the island next to her. "So how was work?" She swallowed a piece of chicken "Ugh. The same as always. There wasn't even a real emergency. They lost some stupid files that we didn't even need and the worst part was that it wasn't even in my department. I have nothing to do with the higher ups. I'm a saleswoman. I get on the phone and take and make calls." "So why were you out all day?" "Because they just wanted me to work. I couldn't say no, I need to pay rent somehow." "That's what you have me for. I'm going to help with all of that." My phone started ringing. I looked and it was Jaehyun. "Girl if you don't pick the damn phone up." "This is us time." "Answer it." I groaned "Fine." I answered the phone "Hey." "Hey Mya. Sorry for not texting earlier I got caught up making sure both of them were okay." "It's perfectly fine. Your kids come first." "I um...I might be here for a few days."