𝐓𝐖𝐎 || 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐮𝐭

•••••••••••••••••

•••••••••••••••••

"Hey, guys." I greet Monica and Rachel as I walk out of my room sluggishly.

"Morning." They greet in unison.

I walk over to the kitchen and start to make myself breakfast. "So I was wondering um ... do you think I should come out to the others?" I ask leaning against the counter.

Surprised by the question they both look up at me concerned. "Yeah, only if you want to." Rachel answers.

"I have known the others for ages and they are really cool about this kind of stuff." Monica smiles getting up from the table.

"Ok cool." I start to eat my cereal thinking about how I should come out. What questions I'm going to have to answer. I hope they will still be my friends.

"What made you think of coming out to them?" Rachel asks.

"I just want to be my self and if I'm going to be friends with them I want to know that they will accept me for who I am."

"Ok do you want to call them and tell them to come over?" Monica asks already handing me the phone.

"Ok." I take the phone and start to dial.

Soon everyone is gathered in the apartment sitting on the couch. "Riley, what's going on? You sounded really stressed over the phone." Joey asks worriedly, walking into the apartment.

"Yeah, I'm alright I just need to tell everyone something." I reassure him.

Joey relaxes and sits on the couch next to Phoebe. "Oh ok."

"You sure you want to do this?" Monica asks quietly, standing next to me with Rachel.

"Yeah. I trust them." I tell her looking at the group gathered in front of me.

"Ok, Good luck." Rachel smiles before they both go and take a seat.

I take a deep breath feeling my heart already racing. "Ok, guys, I need to tell you something very important." I start.

"Your dying?!" Phoebe interrupts.

"What? No."

"Oh ok never mind."

"So the reason I wanted to talk to everyone is... um, and I hope we can still be friends and you don't start looking at me differently." I take a deep breath and rub my hands together noticing them become sweaty. "but um... Ok ... I-I'm ... I'm non-binary and bisexual."

I wait for someone to do some thing but they all just stay silent. I start to fidget getting worried that they don't like me anymore.

"So are we still friends??" I ask looking at the floor.

Joey smiles standing up. "Riley, of course, we're still friends." He walks over to me and gives me a strong hug.

"Yeah!" The friends agree standing up and joining the now giant group hug.

"Thanks guys."

"Just out of curiosity what is non-binary?" Chandler asks as we break the hug.

I chuckle slightly. "Non-binary means that I don't identify as a man or woman."

"Oh ok so like you don't have a gender?" Ross questions.

"Yep." I smile. We all sit down and they continue to ask me questions and we just hang out for a while.

Eventually everyone leaves and I sit on the couch watching tv by my self. Just when I get comfortable under my blanket I hear a knock on the door. "Ugh Come on I just got comfy." I groan.

I shuffle to the door in my Pjs which is just over sized clothes and open it to see Joey. "Hey" He smiles.

"Hey"

"Are the others here?" He asks walking in.

"No just me."

"So how are you feeling?"

I walk back to the couch and snuggle back under the blanket. "Fine. Why?"

"Um oh I don't know. Maybe because you came out today."

"Right yeah. Hey um it wasn't weird was it?" I ask fiddling with the corner of the blanket.

"No way. It was really brave of you to come out to everyone after only knowing us for a little while."

"Thanks"

"So what are you watching?" Joey asks sitting on the arm of the couch.

"Die hard." I respond not taking my eyes off the tv.

"Cool, can I join?"

"Only if you grab me a beer." Joey rolls his eyes but gets up and gets us both a beer. For the rest of the day we watch Die hard and other moives, and eat take out.

•_•

☽☽𝐕𝐎𝐓𝐄☾☾

☽☽𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓☾☾

☽☽𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖☾☾