𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

•••••••••••••••••••

•••••••••••••••••••

"Couldn't enjoy a cup of noodles after that. I mean, is that ridiculous? Can you believe she actually thought that?" Chandler asks us as we indulge in Chinese take out.

"Um... yeah." Rachel admits, chuckling nervously. Chandler looks at her shocked. "Well, I mean, when I first met you, y'know, I thought maybe, possibly, you might be..."

"You did?" He asks her.

"Yeah," she shrugs. "but then you spent Phoebe's entire birthday party talking to my breasts, so then I figured maybe not."

"Huh. Did, uh... any of the rest of you guys think that when you first met me?" He asks leaning forward.

"I did. Yeah, I think so, yeah." Pheebs and Mon agree.

"Not me." Joey shakes his head.

I shake my head as well. "No" I state before take another mouth full of noodles.

"No no, me neither. Although, uh, y'know, back in college, Susan Sallidor did." Ross admits not looking at him.

"You're kidding!" Chandler gapes. "Did you tell her I wasn't?" He asks.

"No." Ross goes back to his food. "No, it's just 'cause, uh, I kinda wanted to go out with her too, so I told her, actually, you were seeing Bernie Spellman... who also liked her, so..." I take another mouth full of food trying my best to hold in my laugh with the others.

"Well, this is fascinating. So, uh, what is it about me?" He asks looking around at us.

"I dunno," Phoebe shrugs sipping her drink. "'cause you're smart, you're funny..."

"Ross is smart and funny, d'you ever think that about him?" He gestures to Ross angrily.

"Yeah! Right!" We all scoff.

"Riley? Your part of the community. What is it about me that says Gay?" He asks gesturing in a similar way that jazz dancers do.

"Nothing." I say trying to get more food on my chop sticks. "Us gays can kind of tell when someone is gay." Looking up I notice the others looking at me funnily. "It's kind of like a gaydar. And mine didn't go off when I met you." I explain.

"THEN WHAT IS IT?!" Chandler barks starting to get annoyed for not getting a clear answer.

"Okay, I-I d'know, you-you just- you have a quality." Monica shrugs making everyone agree and laugh.

"Oh, oh, a quality, good, because I was worried you guys were gonna be vague about this." He stands up annoyed.

The phone rings and Monica gets up to answer it. "Hello? Hello? Oh! Rachel, it's Paolo calling from Rome."