𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 || 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤

••••••••••••••••••

••••••••••••••••••

Today everyone is in Central Perk except for Chandler and Phoebe. I lean against Joey drawing some random guy near the window.

Phoebe runs in excitedly. "Hey you guys! Chandler's coming and he says he has, like, this incredible news, so when he gets here, we could all act like, you know..." Before she can finish Chandler walks in.

"Hey!" He greets.

"Hey!" Everyone greets and I wave with the pencil in my hand.

"Never mind. But it was going to be really good." Phoebe tells us she moves to sit on the couch next to Monica.

"What's going on?" Ross asks Chandler.

"So, it's a typical day at work. I'm inputting my numbers, and big Al calls me into his office and tells me he wants to make me processing supervisor." He tells us happily.

"That's great!" We all smile.

"So.... I quit." He finishes.

We all look at him confused. "Why?"

"Why? This was supposed to be a temp job!" Chandler explains slumping on to the armchair.

"Yeah, Chandler... you've been there for five years." Monica raises a brow at him.

"If I took this promotion, it'd be like admitting that this is what I actually do."

"So was it a lot more money?" I ask glancing up at him from my art book as I continue drawing.

"It doesn't matter. I just don't want to be one of those guys that's in his office until twelve o'clock at night worrying about the WENUS." Everyone looks at him confused.

"... the WENUS?" Rachel repeats furrowing her brows.

"Weekly Estimated Net Usage Systems. A processing term." Chandler clarifies.

Rachel nods. "Oh. That WENUS." She says sarcastically.

"So what're you going to do?" Joey asks him.

He shrugs. "I don't know. That's the thing. I don't know what I want to do. I just know I'm not going to figure it out working there."

"Oooh!" Phoebe exclaims leaning forward. "I have something you can do! I have this new massage client... Steve?" She pauses a moment thinking we would know him. "Anyway, he's opening up a restaurant and he's looking for a head chef."

Monica taps Phoebe on her shoulder trying to get her attention. "Um... hi there."

"Hi!" She turns back to Chandler, then to Monica again. "Oh, yeah, no, I know. You're a chef. I know, and I thought of you first, but um, Chandler's the one who needs a job right now, so...." she turns back to Chandler again.