𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 || 𝐏𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐫

••••••••••••••••

••••••••••••••••

"Uh, Rach, we're running low on resumes over here." Ross calls to her as he hands me a folded resume. I grab an envelope passing the two to Joey.

"Do you really want a job with Popular Mechanics?" Monica asks looking at an envelope and writing the address on it.

"Well, if you're gonna work for mechanics, those are the ones to work for." Chandler's quips putting a stamp on the envelope handing it to Rach who puts in a a box full to the rim of resumes.

"Hey, look, you guys, I'm going for anything here, OK? I cannot be a waitress anymore, I mean it." Rachel groans filing them. "I'm sick of the lousy tips, I'm sick of being called 'Excuse me...'"

"Rach, did you proofread these?" I ask looking over Ross's shoulder who was obviously thinking the same thing.

"Uh... yeah, why?" She asks walking over to Ross, Joey and me in the living room.

I clear my throat scanning the paper. "Uh, nothing, I'm sure they'll be impressed with your excellent compuper skills."

She grabs the paper out of my hands to see for her self. "Oh my Goood! Oh, do you think it's on all of them?" She asks sadly as we stop walking.

"Oh no, I'm sure the Xerox machine caught a few." Joey replies jokingly. I lightly whack his arm shaking my head.

_____

A week later me, Monica and Phoebe go down to Central Perk to give Rachel the response from the jobs she applied for. "Hey, guys." We all great Ross and Chandler who are sitting by the window.

"Hey." They greet us with a wave before going back to there conversation.

The three of us sit on the couch, Rachel joining us and standing behind the couch. "Hey... hi, ladies, plus guy... uh, can I get you anything?" She asks pretending to take our order. "Did you bring the mail?" She whispers to us.

"Lots of responses." Monica nods taking out a stack of letters and splitting them up between the three of us.

"Really?" She whispers. "Sure, we have scones left!" She says loudly. "OK, read them to me."

Phoebe starts reading one in her hands. "Dear Ms. Green, thank you for your inquiry, however... oh..." she crumples up the letter throwing it aside.

"We have apple cinnamon..." Rachel says loudly looking at the counter to see if her boss was watching.

Monica starts reading the letter in her hands. "OK... Dear Ms. Green... yeah... yeah... yeah... No." She crumples up the letter putting it with the letter Phoebe crumpled up.

I start reading the letter in my hands. "Alright... Ms. Green .... yeah .... blah blah blah... no." I sigh crumpling up letter in my hands putting it with the other no's.