𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐮𝐭𝐭

••••••••••••••

••••••••••••••

"Ooh! Look! Look! Look! Look, there's Joey's picture!" Rachel smiles showing me the program to Joeys play.

"This is so exciting!" I squeal taking my seat.

"You can always spot someone who's never seen one of his plays before. Notice, no fear, no sense of impending doom..." Chandler comments from the row behind me. I lightly whack him with my program.

"The exclamation point in the title scares me." Phoebe comments. "Y'know, it's not just Freud, it's Freud!" She tells us.

The lights dim signalling the start of the performance. "Oh, shhh, shh. Magic is about to happen." Ross hushes us.

Lights on stage come up showing Joey with a big beard sitting in a chair. He starts reciting his lines in a thick German accent and then breaks into a song and dance number.

After the play has finally ended we stand and applaud as the cast bow. Once the cast are off stage we all groan and sit down heavily.

"God. I feel violated." Rachel comments and I nod my head in agreement.

"What did I just witness?" I ask my self.

Monica looks up at us. "Did anybody else feel they just wanted to peel the skin off their body, to have something else to do?" I chuckle before nodding.

I notice Chandler and Ross being unusually quiet and turn around to see Chandler starring at a woman across the theatre. "Ross, ten o'clock." Chandler nudges Ross.

Ross doesn't look up. "Is it? Feels like two." Which it kind of does, I'm surprised I didn't fall asleep.

"No, ten o'clock." Chandler repeats.

"What?" Ross asks still oblivious to what he is talking about.

Chandler sighs rolling his eyes. "I think he is trying to tell you that there's a beautiful woman at ten o'clock." I tell Ross pointing to the woman.

"Oh. Hel-lo!" Ross leans forward in his chair also starring at the woman.

"She's amazing! She makes the women that I dream about look like short, fat, bald men!" Chandler compliments her.

"Well, go over to her! She's not with anyone." Monica tells him as we all stand up.

Chandler scoffs. "Oh yeah, and what would my opening line be? 'Excuse me. Blarrglarrghh.'"

"Oh, c'mon. She's a person, you can do it!" Rachel encourages with the rest of us.

"Yeah just go over and say hi." I smile.

"Oh please, could she be more out of my league? Ross, back me up here." Chandler argues.

Ross puts an arm around chandlers shoulders. "He could never get a woman like that in a million years." Ross agrees. I open my mouth to say something but don't bother.