𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠!!

╔═══════════════╗

╚═══════════════╝

╚═══════════════╝

LILY WASN'T EXACTLY allowed to celebrate her 6th birthday as punishment for pulling that stunt on umbridge.

despite the woman's short stature, she held a grudge for a long time.

however, that did not stop the little girl from throwing a birthday surprise for her most beloved father.

"come on harry! don't be such a sore thumb", hermione whispered.

"hermione, you know I don't like professor snape and he hates me too. the feeling's mutual!", harry replied.

"yes but think about lily! are you just going to make her wait for you to show up but you actually don't?! even fred and george had agreed to help her, and they don't just agree to do things for anyone's benefit", hermione said.

ron, who was listening to all of this, was stuffing his face with mashed potatoes. he decided to not get in the middle of this until one side had perhaps backed off a bit.

harry rolled his eyes. "don't you have o.w.l.s. to study for or something?", harry asked.

"I've decided for the benefit of helping boost a child's happiness, I'm willing to sacrifice a day of studying to dedicate it to helping her plan her father's birthday surprise", hermione smiled, proud that she had convinced herself that she was doing the right thing.

harry gave it a moment's thought as he looked at hermione dead in the eye.

hermione kept eye contact as harry sighed.

"fine. I suppose...one day wouldn't kill me...".

"that's the spirit! and what about you, ron?"

"h-huh? oh yeah, I'll help too", ron replied as he quickly slurped his orange juice.

hermione shook her head in disdain as she had to once again remind herself that she's surrounded by idiots.

"well see you two friday then. the party's sunday", hermione reminded.

"but that's right after quidditc—"

"nope nope nope!! you agreed and that's that. I'll be expecting you two bright and early!"

harry slumped deeper into his seat as his head smashed against the table.