chapter 21

jsjdjfjdi i drew zagreus from hades and im really proud :3333 this chapter is unedited so he warned

————————-

it's been a week since jungkook has stopped talking with taehyung. he's avoided going to school, always pretending he's sick.

his friends are worried for him. he seems down all the time.

he always locks himself in seokjin's room, since seokjin and namjoon have started dating and he basically lives in namjoon's dorm now.

jimin has slowed down his hookups because he's set his eyes on two people. he won't tell anyone who they are.

what happened with taehyung has left jungkook in a seemingly permanent state of laziness. if jin saw his room with how jungkook has left it, he would be devastated.

"kook i'm gonna go out for a bit. see you later." jimin calls out from the living room before jungkook hears the front door open and close.

jungkook lays on seokjin's bed for what feels like forever - these days have been going so slowly for jungkook - when there's a knock on the front door.

nobody else is home so jungkook lazily drags himself out of bed and goes to open it.

but as soon as he opens the door, he's immediately shutting it.

'what the hell' jungkook starts to freak out. not in a panic way, but in a confused way.

the person starts knocking again so jungkook opens the door slightly to peek through.

"hey can we talk?" the person outside asks with a sincere but uncertain voice.

"no." jungkook says, closing the door again.

the person outside resumes their knocking and jungkook ignores it, making 2 minute noodles for himself before the knocking gets on his nerves and he finally opens the door wide open and shouts "get the fuck away from me taehyung!"

"hey woah kook please i just want to talk."

"no nicknames." jungkook stuffs a handful of mi goreng noodles in his mouth.

"...can i come in?" taehyung says after waiting for jungkook to swallow.

"no."

"why not? don't you want to fix things?"

"do you?" jungkook asks in a judging voice.

"of coarse i do, jungkookie. you didn't even give me time to apologize properly."

"well if you're gonna apologize then don't because it's too late."

"is it too late now to say sorry?" taehyung sings goofily.

jungkook rolls his eyes. "go away."

taehyung smiles and keeps singing, "cause i'm missing more than just your body~" he does a little dance and let's himself inside the dorm, taking jungkook's right hand because his left one is holding his noodles.

jungkook struggles to free himself but taehyung leans in closer to him but not too close.

taehyung keeps singing and dancing with jungkook who is reluctantly moving his feet with the older one.

when they finish the song taehyung sits jungkook down on the couch and starts talking. "i regret snooping into your private stuff jungkook. if i was the me of right now when i started chatting to you on overwatch i would've told you that it was me right away."

jungkook just sits there listening to taehyung.

"i wish i could take it all back. i honestly do." taehyung goes on. "i honestly do wish i could take it all back. and not just 'cause i'm stranded in space."

a small smile forms on jungkook's lips when he gets the reference to one of his favorite video games. he goes along with the reference. "i'm in space."

taehyung giggles. "i know you are, mate! yep. we're both in space."

his smile grows wider when jungkook yells out "SPAAAAACE!"

they both laugh and jungkook stands up to hug taehyung. both of them are wrapped in each other's embrace. oh how they've missed the other's touch.

"anyway, you know, if i was ever to see her again, do you know what i'd say?" taehyung asks.

jungkook is confused before he realized what he has to say. "i'm in space."

taehyung nuzzles his forehead into jungkook's shoulder. "i'd say, 'i'm sorry.' sincerely. i am sorry - i was bossy... and monstrous... and, i am genuinely sorry."

"you're weren't bossy and monstrous tae."

"it's for the meme kook. just go along with it."

"i'm in space."

"the en-"

"no!" jungkook interrupts taehyung, who looks up, confused. "not the end, tae. i missed you so much i don't want to ever be without you again."

"aww baby." taehyung pecks jungkook's lips lightly. "how could you be so sweet to me even after what i did?"

"stop talking." jungkook says before leaning in to kiss taehyung's lips. the kiss is slow and loving and both of them don't want to let go of one another.

that is, until someone comes barging in from the front door.

"where is that- oh my god my eyes!"

yoongi slaps himself and runs over to the sink in the kitchen to wash his eyes after seeing the two kissing.

but the two lovers don't care. they have eachother again and that's all that matters.

________

heyyyyy so i never thought i'd say this but this fic is coming to and end! there will be maybe at least three more chapters until the final chapter. i've never actually finished an ongoing fic so i'm pretty proud of myself. i never expected any of my fics to get that popular, so when i woke up one day and saw that this fic had over 2k reads i was ecstatic. and i'm almost up to 100 followers srsly i never planned on getting this popular even if it's not that big of a popularity. i'm working on a short fic to publish when i get 100 followers so hopefully i manage to finish it before that happens. okkk stay safe and enjoy life and remember homos are homies and the world would be boring without colour so that's why people of colour are so special. they light up our world and make it that much more unique so don't be racist or disrespectful of any culture ok bye