Nightmare on Ziegler Street- Kenzie Ziegler

//Watching horror movies with Kenzie//

//Y/N's POV//

You had been sitting on Kenzie's bed while she ran downstairs to grab the popcorn. Looking around her room, it was always the same, except for tonight. Board games were all over the floor, props from making TikToks were in the back corner behind her door and the stack of horror movies spread out at your feet, with the giant amount of pillows for the perfect cuddling nest for the two of you.

"Y/N! Nacho cheese or white cheddar?!" Kenzie yelled, she didn't have to be quiet since no one else was here. You thought for a long moment, trying to think of what would be better.

"Just do butter and salt!" You yelled, not really in the mood for either tonight. Plus, the two of you still had to pick out what movie to watch first, but you had your eye set on one. Nightmare on Elm Street. It was one of your favorites, but only the first one. Kenzie soon came back up the stairs, walking into her room as she handed you the popcorn. She had on a spaghetti strap blue crop top, black booty shorts, her make up was off and her hair was in a messy bun. This was one of your favorite looks of hers. Cause she wasn't worried about how she looked, she just wanted to be comfortable, and that just lets her real beauty show through. You really didn't understand why she wore makeup. She plopped down next to you, setting the giant popcorn bowl in your lap as she grabbed a few pieces.

"So what movie first?" She asked, popping the popcorn into her mouth as she looked over to you. You gently messed with a few strands of her hair, pretending to think for a minute.

"Nightmare on Elm Street?" You asked and watched Kenzie nod quick, but you knew this would be a long night for her. Kenzie loved horror movies, but they always kept her up that night, so you'd made plans to spend the night. Her parents weren't getting back till later, and you didn't want her scared and alone. You watched her go and start up the movie, cuddling up under your arm as you pressed a kiss to her head.

"I'm right here, you don't need to worry." You spoke, knowing she'd deny it, but you figured it would be better if she heard it again than not hear it at all.

"I know! I'll be fine!" She spoke happily, cuddling up under the covers as her eyes were fixed on the movie, eating away at the popcorn. You quoted some of your favorite lines, and you both gushed over young Johnny Depp. Kenzie looked away whenever there was too much blood for her, and you cuddled her close, trying to calm her down. But Nightmare on Elm Street was the worst one for Kenzie, after that, she was fine. Except for the hobbling scene in Misery, where they break his ankles. But even you had to look away at that.

Later that night, you and Kenzie turned on a movie to fall asleep to, but it was really quiet. And Kenzie was jumping or sitting up at every sound or creak of the floor. You slowly woke as Kenzie got up, going to investigate as she heard some cluttering in the kitchen, while you went after her. Turns out, her parents had gotten home early and Melissa was looking for a snack. She turned around to the two of you, knowing that Kenzie always got like this with horror movies.

"Scary movie night?" She asked, starting to peel her apple at 3am. You nodded, gently wrapping your arm around Kenzie's waist as she tried to calm down.

"Yeah, sorry about that. We'll head back to sleep. Night Melissa." You spoke, guiding Kenzie back up to her room, showing her the doors and windows were locked as you made your way to her room.

"Baby, there's nothing to be scared of. The house is locked and your parents and I are here. You'll be okay.." You trailed off, cupping her cheeks as you pressed a kiss to her head, Kenzie nodding afterward.

"Promise." You spoke as she nodded, grabbing your hand as she brought the two of you back to bed. She cuddled up quick to you, feeling safe in your arms.

"Just get some sleep Kenz, I'm right here.." You didn't even get to finish that sentence before she dozed off, making you snicker a little.

//idk if it's just me, but I can't watch the hobbling scene in Misery, which I highly suggest you go watch! This is the longest thing I've done in a while! Let me know what you think! Also what can I do to make this book better?//