5.

It's surprisingly windy for this time of the day. Lisa looks up to the sky, holding one hand up to cover her eyes from the direct sunlight. It's slightly cloudy, maybe it's going to rain later. She almost stumbled upon a big rock when she continued to chase Jungkook's footsteps, walking far ahead from her.

Lisa had been confused since he'd answered her earlier in the car. She's still unsure of why they're here, why Jungkook would want to meet up just 'to get to know each other better'. By the time they reached the park, Lisa concluded to herself that perhaps this is Jungkook's way to ask if she'd told anyone. Or maybe to persuade her not to say anything. 

But it's been three weeks, why now? Whatever it is, she decided to maintain her cool and just convince him to stop worrying about it. This needs to be cleared today so she can stop worrying about it as well.

He was right, there are very few people here. They probably bumped into only about five people since the walk from the carpark. And the other visitors seemed unbothered by any presence, seeing how they didn't even turn to look at the two. Of course, it feels good to not be noticed by anyone, especially on a day like today where a slight double-take would turn this into a nightmare for idols like them!

Lisa huffed as she reached the grassy spot, isolated by tall trees around where Jungkook had stopped walking. He looks at her in amusement - probably wondering why she looked so tired when it wasn't even a long walk, then proceed to sit on the ground. Lisa takes off her mask, breathing in the cold breeze sharply before slumping down next to him. The famous Hans River spreads out in front of them, and she spotted a few tourists' cruises moving very slowly at the far end.

"Are you okay? You look tired," Jungkook turned to her with a smirk.

"Um, yeah...I just," She catches her breath. "It's the mask," She nods in embarrassment, not looking at him. He probably thought you were weak to get tired so easily. "It looks like it's gonna rain," She changed the topic and points up to the grey clouds.

"Probably..." He trails off. 

Lisa brave herself to take a glance at him. His eyes were fixed on the sky. She can't help but wonder the difference between the famous maknae she'd seen on stage and the shows, and the man sitting a feet away from her. She'd always thought he's this active, care-free, vibrant person on and off screen. But from the night of the incident and today, he seemed nothing like it. If anything, he looks melancholic – like his mind is preoccupied with something. He's probably still very upset about the break-up.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Lisa asked.

"About what?" He turned to her.

"You know..." She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. "I'm sure you're still sad. If you wanna talk about it, I can listen,"

"I'm not sad," He laughed, probably embarrassed to be reminded that she'd witnessed him getting dumped. "I'm...confused,"

...

Lisa frowned, and for some reason, Jungkook felt his chest tightened. She's just too adorable!

"Confused why? Oh, don't tell me! She wants to get back together?" She gasped in that scandalous way, making Jungkook laugh even more.

"No, no!" He shakes his head immediately. "No, it's not about that at all!"

"Then what is it?"

"Don't mind it. It's for me to figure out. So tell me –"

"I didn't tell anyone, I swear! I've promised and I always keep my promises! Not even to my unnies – and I share almost everything with my unnies! I didn't even tell anyone I'm meeting you today!" She placed a palm on her chest subconsciously.

Jungkook smiled at her innocence. She really is beautiful. He might not know her that well yet, but he can already feel at ease with her sincerity. He'd practically grew up in the industry, and very few people had impressed him with the same kind of mannerism. Most people would use anything they can take out of idols for their own benefits and advantage, even idols themselves!

"Relax Lisa, I believe you,"

"You do?" Lisa backed away, a little confused. "Then why did you want to meet?"

"Like I said, to get to know you better,"

"Why?"

"Because," He sighed, turning to face the river. How should I say it without scaring her off? "Because I feel like I owe you that much. Cus you helped me that night,"

"Oh..." Her small voice made him smile for some reason. "Sunbaenim, you don't have to worry about it,"

"What did I say about using honorifics?" He turned back to her with a frown, but it quickly disappeared when he saw her looking down to her fingers with a pout. Seriously, how is she so adorable?!

"I'm sorry, I'm used to it. Plus, it's not like we're friends, so it feels weird calling by your name –"

"Okay, I'm telling you that we're friends now," Jungkook held up a hand to her. "Hi, I'm Jungkook,"

"Um..." Lisa stuttered, staring at his hand and probably wondering if it's a good idea to take it.

"What are you thinking about?" Jungkook sighed, taking back his hand that was left untouched. Lisa looks back down to her fingers. "You can tell me," He said with a softer tone. 

When she didn't reply, he looks back out to the open water. Jaehyun's right – even as they're sitting so close to each other, it's damn hard to get near her! Jungkook thought fast of a different tack. What would make her talk? The only thing he's sure about her is that she's a person with empathy – even when she said she wasn't.

"You know, this place...it's like my sanctuary. In the city, I mean. If I needed some fresh air...to be alone or talk about my problems with my hyungs, I'd come here. Never once I thought about bringing her here. I never even shared about this place with her," He can feel her eyes on him. That got her attention! Interesting...

"It's funny, I was sure I was in love with her. But she's right I guess, I hardly talk about much issues with her. It was always the good things that happened, you know...how happy I was when we won awards, or when I'm on stage. How much fun it is to be able to visit other countries. The people we met along the way, international celebrities..." He paused, remembering that one time when he was injured but didn't feel like telling her. It's not because he didn't want her to worry or anything like that, it was just because he didn't feel like sharing it. 

"When I think about it now, it seemed like everything was just like a routine. The thing you said before you left that night," He laughed, looking down to the grass he didn't realize he'd been picking. "I knew I wouldn't change – I didn't even know why I said that to her...maybe just to keep her around, I don't know. It just felt like the right thing to do – or say. Don't get me wrong, I do care for her...but I wonder why I don't do these things, you know,"

"Is that why you said you're confused?" He can feel his heart melt at the sound of her soft, concerned voice.

"No, that's a different thing. I'll probably tell you about it one day, if you're willing to hear me out," He smiled at her. After a second, she smiles back.

"When you're ready," She held both fists up excitedly as a way of encouragement. This girl is really clueless, it's refreshing yet intimidating at the same time! He can recall a few girls that would take an opportunity like this to flirt with him.

"So, we're friends?"

"Friends!" Her bright, all-teeth smile squishes her cheeks up and eyes flat shut. It's so satisfying to see, Jungkook had to force himself to turn away to not show his foolish smile.

...