17.

Jungkook felt miserable. He'd spent the night tossing and turning, constantly cursing himself for the idiot that he was. He barely even slept, thinking about Lisa's embarrassed eyes from the almost-kiss all the way to when she left his room. He tried making small talks and jokes around with her, but they always ended up being awkward again and she'd constantly look down to her knotted fingers. And the fool that he was didn't even know how to fix it!

He knew he needed to recover back the sparks between them. He just doesn't know how. The girl made him nervous as hell! Even during breakfast this morning, she'd been unusually quiet. Perhaps it's best if I explain it to her – let her see it from my point of view? He looks down to his watch. Where is she? It's already an hour, is she okay?

Lisa had asked him to wait at the restaurant to visit a nearby shop she saw on their way here earlier. She wanted to buy some things for Jisoo, Jennie and Chaeyoung. He offered to come along but she insisted that it's 'girl-stuff' and he wouldn't like it. He knew it's her way of saying 'I need some space' and he couldn't object. It was his fault anyways, so what could he have said?

I should probably go look for her. Right on cue, his girlfriend came back with two small paperbags in her hand.

"Sorry, there are so many nice things I couldn't decide!" She sighed.

"It's okay. It wasn't that long," He lied.

"Ready to go?" She smiled warmly, it hurts him. He nodded and make their way out.

"So um, what do you wanna do today?" He took the paperbags from her hands voluntarily.

"Well...I don't have anything in mind," She looks down to her feet for a second. "I thought of spending the day with Jisoo unnie...if that's okay with you,"

"Oh..." Fuck, now she wants to stay away – well done you jerk!

"Just that...she hadn't actually gone out. I felt bad, you know...that she's here to accompany us and all she does is just watching tv all the time,"

"Yeah, of course," He laughed nervously. "Yeah, you should bring her out. We can have dinner later?"

...

"What time should we head back?" Jisoo looked up to the violet sky. It felt like they've already walked half a mile from the hotel and her feet is killing her.

"Anytime. Oh, should we get dinner first? I thought I saw a barbecue or grilled-something place just now,"

"But we already ate an hour ago. I'm still full. Can't we just go back now? You can have dinner with Jungkook later," Jisoo whined.

"Oh...okay..." Lisa's face fell. 

Okay, something's definitely wrong! Jisoo had noticed how her maknae had been acting weird since this morning. She had always been excited about starting the day with her boyfriend but today Lisa actually whined about going out. She kept asking Jisoo to join them for breakfast earlier. Jisoo didn't think much about it at first, as Lisa kept insisting she should get her lazy-ass out of the room and enjoy the fact that they're in L.A. But then since they've gone out, Lisa kept dodging off questions about Jungkook – pretending not to hear her or just humming about her 'yes' and 'no'. Come to think about it, she'd been weird since she came back from dinner last night...

"Lali," She stopped walking and turned to Lisa. "Did something happen last night?"

"Uh...no..." Jisoo knew her all too well to notice when she's lying.

"Yahh! What happened? Did he do something to you? You better tell me –"

"He didn't, I swear!" Lisa stomped her foot, her frustration is apparent. "He didn't do anything," She looked down embarrassingly. "That's the problem,"