24.

(Present)

"Get out, asshole! Leave her alone –"

"Jennie –"

"What? He cheated on her! There's no reason for him to be here," Jennie shifted her frown from Jisoo back to Jungkook, who's standing at the door, staring ahead to Lisa. "You need to leave before anyone sees you here. She's already facing a lot of hate because of your shit,"

"Nini, let's go! They need to talk," Everyone turns to Jisoo, confused as to why the elder would allow Jungkook to be anywhere near them, especially Lisa.

"But –"

"I said let's go!" Jisoo's glare is not something they see often - and certainly not something they can argue with so Jennie just huffed her frustration and stomped out, followed by Chaeyoung.

"Jungkook, I'm warning you. This is the one and only time I'm gonna be on your side. You better fix whatever mess you're in right now cus after this, I won't be so nice anymore,"

"Unnie, don't –"

"Lili, you need to hear him out. Just cus I've been quiet this whole time, it doesn't mean that I don't know what's going on. Give him a chance to explain, then decide. Whatever you choose, I'll be right behind you,"

...

"Sunbaenim, keep your distance please," Lisa said coldly, stopping Jungkook from moving closer to her. "Whatever you have to say, you can say it from there."

"Lisa," He breathed. He missed her so much, it hurts him to finally able to see her again but at the same time, being treated like a stranger - again. "I'm sorry. For everything. What you heard, it wasn't like what you think,"

"Why would you care what I think? You've won your bet, you've got your girl back –"

"You're not a bet, Lisa. You were never one, not to me,"

Lisa smirked.

"I didn't know what I was feeling at the time. I might've fallen for you the moment you sat by my side at the stairs. Or maybe even before. I just didn't know how to go about it. We weren't friends. I don't know anything about you. But ever since you left me at that room by myself, I can't help but feel so much –"

"Stop. Please stop." Lisa breathed and looks down. Jungkook could see how tired she is and the sight is not easy to take in. "I remember you saying all these things to me before. It really doesn't matter anymore,"

"Yes it does. Please don't give up on me, not cus of that –"

"Cus I found out that I was a bet all long? What else do you want from me Jungkook? What - do you need to sleep with me too to win your bet?" Her voice reflected a sense of the utmost pain. "Am I really that stupid to you?"

"I'm the stupid one. I was stupid to not just ask Bam. I was scared to be teased by everyone that I ended up agreeing to that stupid bet – just to get your number! I just...I just wanted your phone number but instead of being honest about it, I covered everything up by pretending that it's for a bet! Please believe me, everything I've said – everything I felt about you is true...please believe me –"

"How can I? After everything – I trusted you! I loved you and then what – I'm just a fucking game? Well, you've won! Just –" Lisa suppressed her urge to cry out. Not here, not now. People might hear from outside. "Jungkook, just leave me alone. Just go, okay? I don't know what I ever did to you to deserve this, I'm just so tired, so please..." She sighed in resign. "I hold no grudges...and I don't hate you. Just go with your girlfriend and leave me alone. I won't say anything if that's what you're worried about,"