18.

"I rented a few board games. Let's go," Jungkook wiped his hands and walked to Lisa's seat.

"Go? Go where?"

"I have them at the living room,"

There's the hesitation on her face again as she shifts. "Um, I think I should head back. I promised Jisoo unnie that I'll be back early. And I still have things to pack – we actually bought another luggage cus I didn't realize I shopped a lot," She got up immediately, avoiding any eye-contacts with him while muttering about. Jungkook panicked as she reached for her purse and starts walking out towards the door.

"Lisa," He tried reaching for her hands but she dodged them immediately the moment their skin touched.

"We have to rest too. Jennie unnie mentioned that we have a meeting when we get back,"

They're already at the door and she placed her hand to the knob, ready to leave. Shit, I can't let her leave like this! Kook, get in control!

In a swift, he placed his palm on the door, effectively blocking her way. "Lisa, please," He sighed, closing his eyes and suppressing his frustration of how her earlier warmth and friendliness had turned cold in just a second! He thought everything had been going so well and she'd forgotten about it. You embarrassed her, Kook - what did you expect?

When he opened his eyes, Lisa is looking at him wide-eyed. It's like she's scared of him. He doesn't like that fact at all!

"Can I explain?"

"There's nothing to explain," She smiles casually. How the hell could she smile so casually when it clearly bothered her?!

"Yes, there is. What happened before –"

"Nothing happened, can you please let me go?" It's so painful for him to hear those words, even when she laced it with a smile. What does she mean by that? She tried to open the door but Jungkook held it firmly shut.

"Please don't do this," He breathed.

"Do what? I'm not doing any –"

"Don't act like everything's fine when it's clearly not for you! Please!" He could not contain his anger. Did he not make himself or his feelings clear enough for her to put on this façade? He already felt like a stranger to her, now he feels like a fool. Like what he asked for didn't matter to her. Lisa stared down at her feet, obviously shocked and scared at his tone.

"I know - I know you're not comfortable with me after what happened, I know you felt something that night, why can't you just tell me that? Shout at me or something, just – why do you have to make me even more miserable by keeping everything to yourself and act like you don't have a single problem with everything?! Why do you have to do that? I knew you were trying to avoid me – I knew your answers were just excuses, but my God – is it so hard to talk to me? To look at me?" Deep inside, he knew he's being selfish by saying all these but he can't help it. He can't help but feel helpless at everything when it comes to her.

"Jungkook, please don't shout at me," She looked up to him and he saw the glint of tears reflected in her eyes. It's like someone's taken a bucket of ice and threw them on him at one go! 

What have you done? You were the one who fucked-up and now you're blaming and shouting at her? She doesn't deserve this. She was trying. She showed up tonight, right? She kept smiling, right? What the fuck are you doing - shouting at her?!

"I'm sorry," He breathed, the realization had him searching for air – scared that she'll leave and never come back the same way after this. "I'm sorry, baby," He reached for her neck immediately and pulled her in his arms, holding her tight. He can feel her shoulders tensed. Either she's not comfortable being held by him or she's trying to hold her sobs – none of the two ideas are sitting well in his chest.