8.

Jungkook is restless. Sitting facing the big screen, he's preparing himself to pay full attention to the opening performance. I can't believe she didn't tell me. Maybe I'm not that important to her, that's why she didn't feel it's worth mentioning?

The stage lights dimmed and in a minute, Bruno Mars' 24K Magic beat appears. The screen panned around to a spotlight on three male idols – Ten, Jinyoung and Yugyeom. Wait, Yuggie's on this too?! Ugh, I should've paid more attention to the group chat – I thought I saw something about SBS before!

Then the camera panned to Lisa and the other girls. Jungkook stop moving when the screen showed a zoomed-in of the pretty face he'd been missing. She looks so cool, with her striped red and black crop top contrasting her blonde hair! That shorts she's wearing looks way too short for his liking and his jaw tensed – knowing there's nothing he can do about it. 

Of course, her moves are mesmerising to watch. Her every step flows with the music along with her swag – and it doesn't even seemed like she's trying that hard. He wondered briefly how it feels like to dance with her, to be able to stand so close like how she is with Ten now. He tensed again. Don't touch her, Ten - please don't touch her!

He sighed in relief when his prayer is granted and went back to his imagination. He probably won't be able to keep his hands off her. Look at that tiny waist! Her abs...her teasing smile...the way her eyes sparkle - God, how is she so hot?! Jungkook felt like a schoolboy having a crush on the prettiest girl walking down the hallway!

The performance ended and Jungkook cursed at the event internally for it being too short. He then turned to his members and flashes a big smile to Taehyung, ready to watch the next one with Jimin on the stage.

...

Lisa lies flat on the bed, holding up her phone and wondering whether she should send the message or not. She recalled what happened backstage after the event. She wanted to talk to him so much, she wasn't sure why. She'd been looking forward to the event, knowing that she'll get to see Jungkook. 

He looked dashing as always, she had to force herself from looking into his direction often because of all the fancams around. It was hard to not do it as he sat right behind her. She accidentally turned around that one time and meeting his eyes. She had to look away immediately but she thought she saw a smirk on him. Why though? She hoped no one noticed.

When the event ended, she lingered around the hallway backstage with her members – greeting seniors and talking to their friends. She saw Jungkook and the rest of BTS members from a far – joking around with the Got7 and a few EXO members. She hoped that he could at least turn his head around so she can smile at him as a way of greeting, but he didn't. 

Slowly, the groups started leaving. When Twice was called by their manager, they said their goodbyes and Lisa turned to find Ten in front of her with a big smile. They joked and talked for a while – then she saw Jungkook standing at the far end, looking at her direction with a serious expression. 

She smiled but he didn't return it. He stood there for a few seconds with his hands in his pockets, then turned and disappeared into the dressing room. It bothered her up until now. Why did he looked so upset? Did she offend him? She looked back at the message. She felt embarrassed that he didn't smile back – so she had typed in her frustrations into one message, meant to be sent to him. 

But maybe it's nothing? Maybe he wasn't looking at her? Maybe he didn't see her? Maybe he was just zoning out? Then her message would just be even more embarrassing, wouldn't it?

Huffing, she erased everything and just typed a quick 'Hi Jungkook' and press Send. Whatever it is, she wasn't going to let it go. He'd been so nice and attentive this whole time since they started being friends, it makes no sense at all why he would suddenly act cold towards her. After a second or two, she saw him being Online, followed by Typing.