Chapter 20: The Hybrid Hunter

Royce: "She's part-human?"

The doctors then pulls the 21-year-old man into a nearby office.

Royce: "What's the meaning of this, Doc?!"

Doctor: "Shh... this conversation between us is VERY important, so listen closely: lots of Hybrids are born into this world but none have survived, usually dying after being born. It's like all the Hybrids are being hunted by someone or something. She's lucky to have survived a high-caliber rifle round."

Royce: "May I see my daughter? Please. And I want Ms.Fox with me too."

Doctor: "Sure thing." The Doctor said bringing both Human and Vixen to Ashloy's room, "here she is, luckily the high-powered high-caliber round bounced lodged itself a bit and we safely recovered the round without complications or harm."

Carmelita then flashes her Interpol badge.

Carmelita: "As Inspector of Interpol, I'll take that round." Carmelita says as the Doctor hands her the (somewhat intact) high-caliber round.

Royce: "Ashloy baby, are you there? Are you okay?"

Ashloy: "Y~ yes dad. Uh... my head. It hurts." She says, rubbing the spot that the high-caliber round hit.

Royce: "how many fingers am I holding up?" Royce asked his daughter hoping it didn't mess with her cognitive abilities, "and what is your name?"

Doctor: "Mr.DeBarry, Ms.Fox..."

Carmelita: "Uh, that's 'Inspector Fox' to you."

Doctor: "She is a bit stunned; alive, but stunned. She's a bit impaired for the moment but we'll keep an eye on her."

Royce: "Mind if I watch over her as she recovers?"

Doctor: "No. Not at all."