Chapter 23: Royce Asks the Hard Question.

Royce: "Carmelita, I need you to be honest with me on this question. Will you be honest?"

Carmelita: "If you properly know me (and you do), have I ever lied to you?"

Royce: "No, but you have kept secrets from me."

Carmelita: "OKay, okay! I'll admit, I keep secrets, but seriously, what's the question?"

Royce: "Have Human's ever existed in this World? Like ever been born here and what not?"

Carmelita: "You really want me to tell you?"

Royce: "Yes, you're family. And as family, I'd like you to tell me the truth. I must know."

Carmelita: "OKay, from all the (Unknown) Files I've studied. Humans were declared myths and therefore never existed."

Royce: "Hm... so does that make me the First human to Officially exist in this World?" Royce asked with curiosity as Carmelita then laid a hand (paw) on his shoulder.

Carmelita: "Royce, believe it or not, I've studied Humans ever since I was in Elementary School, something about them always interested me. And now, there is a human that considered me as its 'family'," Carmelita says as she starts to cry, "Thank you."

Royce: "So I AM the First human to exist, AWESOME!!" Royce replied with positive energy as Ashloy was beginning to stir from her unconscious state, "well, we'll... look who decided to wake up. Thank gosh you are alive! I thought I lost you. How are you feeling?"

Ashloy: "Uh... not so loud. It hurts my head!"