Chapter 22: The Thought of Revenge part 2

As Royce cut the connection to the Inter-dimensional communicator, Carmelita looked at Royce was looking gloomy.

The sight of his daughter unconscious and now a bit impaired, but well (physically).

Carmelita: "Don't worry, she'll be alright."

Royce: "You're sure? I mean she got shot Carmelita! In the head! No one survives a straight-up shot to the head! Have you known anyone that has survived a shot to the head, Inspector?"

Carmelita: "Please, don't call me that. I'd prefer if you call me 'Carmelita' now that we're kinda like family." She says as Royce raises his eyebrows, "NOT LIKE THAT I MEAN!"

Royce: "Phew, I thought you meant like..."

Carmelita: "NO, no! Absolutely not! Get your head out of the gutter, man!"

Royce: "Whoa Carmelita! I didn't even mean it like that and you're already taking offense to that?! Seriously? Although if Jessica shows up and I'm with my daughter, it's either me or it's going to be her..."

Carmelita: "You do know that you're the one that's going to die if you confront her face-to-face, right?"

Royce: "Not if I'm wearing my armor, I mean seriously, that armor saved Ashloy's life!"

Carmelita: "Royce, you are delusional," Carmelita tells Royce out of concern before her cell phone goes off and notices it's Bentley calling, "Oh, hey Bentley, what's up? Uh huh, yeah? Wait you're serious? Oh wow. Yeah, I'll tell him. Say can you get your Van ready sooner or later? Okay, bye!"

Royce: "What was that about?"

Carmelita: "Apparently, Bentley 'might've' found out as to why Ashloy survived getting shot in the head and he has a theory: he thinks that the genes that she inherited from you might've strengthened her and, or affected her in a way. Also, it seems as though the bullet didn't harm her as much as it should've is because it's meant for us and not Humans."

Royce's mind was blown. Those were some startling news to the 21-year-old human. But he was still angry at the fact that Jessica tried to "Assassinate" his daughter, and what purpose? He would find out those answers, one way or another, or die trying.