Chapter 25: Ashla Breaks Down

The Next Morning...

Royce wakes up with Carmelita still asleep, and goes into Ashloy's room to check up on her head injury and to see if she was already awake.

Royce: "Hey there- uh, Kiddo. How's your head feeling? Any numbness? Pain? You seeing things? Anything like that?" Royce asks his daughter as she begins rubbing her eyes in an attempt to wake up.

Ashloy: "No Daddy, why? Should I be feeling something?"

Royce: "Seeing that those bandages there are covering up part of your head, I'd be concerned. But since you're hard-headed (literally) I wouldn't be surprised if it WAS hurting...."

Ashloy: "Why dad? Why wouldn't you be surprised?"

Royce: "Well..." Royce was about to begin explaining before the Inter-dimensional communication, "I have a bad feeling about this..." Royce tells his daughter as she stares at him in silence. So he then opens the laptop and noticed it was his Siamese Cat wife, Ashla on the line, "Uh, hello?"

Ashla: "You better have a good explanation on why our child nearly died!! Cause I'm NOT in a good mood right now."

Royce: "And why is that? May I ask?"

Ashla: "YOU GOT OUR DAUGHTER HURT! Bentley says that there was a chance that she could've died!"

Royce: "Could have, doesn't mean she did..."

Ashla: "Could've what Honey?!"

Royce: "Calm down~"

Ashla: "Don't tell me to calm down! Our child's life is at stake!"

Royce: "She's alright, look," Royce turns the laptop screen towards Ashloy's direction, "Say hi to Mommy."

Ashloy: "Hi, Mom!"

Ashla: "Hi Sweetheart, how's your head feeling?"

Ashloy: "Head hurts a little; Dad bandaged my head up, and I got good sleep too!"

Ashla: "That's good sweetheart," Ashla then looks towards Royce through the monitor, "since when do you know how to use or apply bandages?"

Royce: "I learned a thing or two before I met the beautiful Cat I'm talking to and love."

Ashla: "I'm~ I'm sorry I yelled at you; and in front of Ashloy. It's just~ I~ I missed you two, that's all."

Royce: "I feel the same way. Being back in the modern-day city life is not how I remember it."

Ashla: "How do you remember it?"

Royce : "Um... I really don't remember to be honest."

Ashla: "How is Ms.Fox doing?"

Royce: "She's doing amazing, I mean she's fine for the moment."

Ashla: "What do you mean 'for the moment'?"

Royce: "She's asleep. Ashloy and I were the first to wake."

Ashloy: "Mom, when can dad, Carmelita and I come back home? It's too scary here, in his time!"

Royce: "You don't think I know that Ashloy? Yeah, I know I live in a dangerous time from where and when I lived.!"

Ashla: "You lived during a dangerous time, Honey?"

Royce: "Yes. Say, like Ashloy said: can you get Bentley to take us back to (Ancient) Arabia?"

Ashla: "I've been talking to him about bringing you two back home since Ashloy dreamed of meeting her father in person. And now, I think now is the time that we do it."

Ashloy: "What about Aunt Carmelita?"