-10-

Chapter Ten

    "Wait, Clay, us doing this means people will know we're together," I said, holding his arm to stop him from walking to the streaming room.

    He looked at me for a solid second in silence before responding, "If you're not comfortable with that, we can totally come up with something else."

    I searched his eyes to find some kind of comfort, "I'm just afraid of getting hate or something I don't know. Our fandoms probably do overlap a lot, but like the hardcore dream teamers and then I don't want you getting hate from my fandom. I just—"

    "Caelum, hate doesn't bother me if you're worried about me. As for you, I know I can't really promise that my fans will behave. But I can be vocal about it if I see it happening. I'm not going to let anything they say hurt you."

    I sighed, "Being vocal might make it worse, I don't know."

    "Hey, hey, it's okay," he held my shoulders and slouched to be eye level with me, "Look, we'll do something else. We could do a manhunt type thing with just us two? Maybe bring along George and Sap—"

    "I'm sorry I'm being a bitch baby. Let's do your idea."

    I started walking away and all's I heard was his loud laughs while he followed behind me. Hearing him laugh brightened my mood immediately and made me feel more comfortable with sitting down to stream. Honestly, I've noticed for the short time being around Dream that he just acquires this energy that makes you feel like you could say anything or do anything with him and he'd help you feel comfortable. I could break down and cry in front of him, and I just know he'd know the right things to do and say to help me calm down.

    We spent fifteen minutes after setting up the stream to figure out how we were going to sit in the chair. We tried squeezing in and sitting side by side, but we didn't fit at all. In my humble opinion, it's because Dream's ass is too fat, but he turned down that point by calling me a fucktard. I think someone's a bit defensive about their ass.

    "I-If you're comfortable with it we could do this," and he demonstrated that he'd have the full seat, then I'd sit beside him with my legs draped over his lap. We spent five minutes situating ourselves, but we finally got to a comfy position where I was halfway on his lap. Thank god for no face cam, because I'm sure my face was bright red. Dream didn't mention it though.

    "Hello guys! I promised you a stream and I'm a woman of my word. Today's gonna be a little bit different though. Only a smidge different. I'm going to be trying to complete the game while I only have control over the mouse and someone else has control over the keys. Special guest?"

    "Hi!" Dream exclaimed. I glanced over at the chat and saw it exploding. My mods had to work hard today.

    "I honestly don't see how hard this could be, right?"

    And boy did I jinx myself. Within the first fifteen minutes, we died to a skeleton.

    "Cal, to the right!" And I moved in a random direction, "Other right!"

    I took a swoop too hard in that direction and the skeleton kept aim botting us.

    "Well stop moving the keys so I can aim my hit!"

    "I was trying to jump for a crit!"

    Yeah, it was not a happy ending for us. Mobs were everywhere to the point where we stopped trying to get our stuff after our fifth death. We ended up starting over when it was thirty minutes into the stream.

    "Well, this is gonna be a long one. Grab a snack, cuddle a blanket. We'll be here for awhile," I joked as I didn't see a ravine in my vision and Dream jumped straight into it, "Clay!"