-19-

Chapter Nineteen

Clay was driving us to Nick's house since he was the last one to drive my car and the seat settings were adjusted to his height. When we arrived, there was only a Nissan sedan sitting in his driveway. Nick informed us that everyone was out of the house for the day so we were going to chill there for a few hours.

"Bruh if we were being public about this, Twitter would be breaking right now," I told the two boys while we waited for Nick to answer my FaceTime audio.

"Let's go public!" George exclaimed.

"Public about what? Your three way relationship?" Nick asked when he answered the call.

"No, we're already public about that," I rolled my eyes, "God Nick, get with it. Get your ass out here. We've been sitting in the car for so long. I'm bored."

"How 'bout you get your ass in here?"

"You don't have to tell me twice," I responded then hung up the phone.

"Are you actually about to walk right into his house?" George asked from the back seat.

"She is," Clay confirmed when I got out of the car. I went straight up to the front door and walked right into the house. Nick was sitting on the couch and laughed when he saw me burst through the door. His dog ran off the couch and started barking at me. I reached down to pet the dog and it calmed down and started sniffing me instead. 

"I'm going to assume that you are not a random stranger breaking in but rather the official CalPal from twitch.tv?" 

"You are correct," I laughed, "Thanks for the elaborate description. Where's my hug at?"

"I'm not like that!" He exclaimed as Clay and George walked through the open door.

He ended up giving me a nice hug anyway. Afterwards, Clay asked for a hug as well. I could sense some jealousy. He's sad that the person he simps for doesn't exclusively hug him. I will admit that I exclusively cuddle him though. I've got to admit, seeing Clay again after so long is making me realize that I may lowkey like Clay more than platonically. I feel like he knows that though and just hasn't said anything about it to spare my feelings. I'm okay with it though.

"So riddle me this, Cal," Sapnap began. I hummed to show I was listening, "Why the hell are you still hiding your face when you look like this?"

I burst out laughing.

"Woah now Sap, calm yourself."

"She doesn't need another person simping over her. Dream is already simping too hard."

"Oh my god my vlog!"

I pulled out my phone and introduced Nick officially to the camera. Then, I propped the camera up against a bottle on the coffee table so that it was pointing at all of us. I was sitting on the floor in between Clay's legs. Clay was sitting on the couch right behind me. Nick was on the right of him and George on the left.

"Okay, Nick, Greg, I'm about to tell you something important."

Clay smirked and started lightly tapping the top of my head. He already knows what I'm going to tell them. We talked about when I'd reveal my name to George and Nick since we've been friends for almost a year and they still didn't know my real name. Poor Sap thinks my real name is Cal.

"So my real name isn't Cal."

George dramatically gasped and Nick just sat there shocked.

"I know, I know," I replied, "Are you ready guys? Okay, so my actual name is—"

"Jack," Clay interrupted.

"Cactus Jack?" Sapnap gasped.

"Oh my god, I can't," I responded, looking towards the camera in dramatic effect, "Okay no but seriously. My actual name is Caelum, so you don't have to call me Cal if you don't want to unless we're streaming or something."

"What the fuck," Sap said, "I feel betrayed."

"I know," I sighed, "I'm sorry."

George laughed, "I can't believe it took you almost a year to tell us your real name."

"And it's taken you almost a year to post the vlog and it's still not posted yet," George rolled his eyes, "Plus, Clay knows my name. He's known my name for awhile."

Clay giggled, "Hehe I'm special."

"We know Clay you don't have to remind us."

"What? Ew don't call me that."

I laughed at them ganging up on Dream. The three of them got in a debate about how Clay's family and I are the only people who can call him by his real name without him getting irritated. This whole time, the camera was recording and I was just rubbing circles with my fingertip into Clay's leg absentmindedly. It was quite funny to hear the three of them yell at each other. After a few minutes, George backed out of the shouting nonsense. At this point I don't even know what they're talking about. Honestly, I can't even understand what they're saying. Sapnap and Dream were screaming so loud that their words were morphing together.

"What're they arguing about?" I whispered to George who barely heard me. He shrugged and just kept staring at the two.

I started methodically tapping on Clay's leg without even knowing it. Almost like I was listening to an imaginary tune in my head and reiterating that through my fingers. Eventually, Clay seemed to notice what I was doing.

"Is everything okay Salem?" He asked quietly, cutting their argument short.

"Huh?" I looked up at everyone who was staring at me, "Oh yeah, I'm fine. Just waiting for you two children to stop arguing."

"We're not children!" Sap tried to deny.

"You two are literally the youngest out of the four of us," I deadpanned. Clay sat there in a daze thinking about it for a second before he realized I was right. Then, he crossed his arms over his chest and slumped back in the couch.

"I hate it here," Clay mumbled.

"HA!" I burst out laughing, "I've been around you three for only like twenty minutes and I'm already getting a headache. How do your viewers deal with you?"

"The same way yours deal with you?"

I rolled my eyes and turned around to slap Clay on the arm. He started messing around with me as well; he gripped each side of my head and started lightly rocking me back and forth. George and Nick were having a side conversation while we continued to mess around with each other. When I heard their voices quiet down, I sat up a bit and leaned onto Clay's thighs to get closer to Sapnap.

"So, what is there to do around Texas?"

[A/N: ngl i was totally listening to Heat Waves on repeat as i edited this chapter, but enjoy!]