-15-

Chapter Fifteen

Days came and went for months. They all seemed to blur together and feel the same after awhile. It was now the end of my spring semester and the days were warming up here in North Carolina. Dream and I still talk almost everyday, and weirdly enough, so do George, Sapnap, and I. I've recently been talking to Niki and Shelby—also known as shubble—as well. Niki is literally the sweetest human ever and I quite enjoyed her company. Shelby and I banter a lot. Our friendship all started when we were playing Among Us on stream and made it a joke to continuously follow each other around. Almost like a Tubbo and CaptainSparklez type duo.

I had finally gotten my braces off the other day as well. They were on way shorter than I expected. I had to wear a retainer now to keep my teeth straight, but overall, I was in love with the way my smile looked now.

My phone dinged a couple times, pulling me out of the zone I was in. It happened that I was just staring at my wall across from my bed for god knows how long.

iMessage Chat

"Da bois + Cal"

Nick
im DOWN

George
i will literally buy a plane ticket rn

bitch boy
guys chill, idek if cal is okay w that

okay with what?

Nick
I mean you could easily just scroll up and read the convo

that takes too much work Nicholas, why would i do that when i can simply just ask you guys what's going on?

bitch boy
we were all going to plan a trip to go down to TX to see sap and they wanted you to come

I told them it wasn't a good idea but

they're not listening

why isn't it a good idea for me to come clay? do you not want to spend time with me?

George
OOOOOOH Dream's in trouble

bitch boy
George shut up

Nick
well this is awkward

HAHAHAHAH

bitch boy
I just didn't know if you were ready for another face reveal, that's all

I was LOOKING OUT FOR YOU

He made a very good point. I had a panic attack the second Dream saw my face. Am I ready to show two more people what I look like? And we'd be around Sapnap and George who both openly have their face online. What if they were recognized while we were out and about, thus people connect the dots and know then what Dream and I look like? I haven't even told Sap and George my real name.

Then again, when I met Dream, it was literally a last second plan. I kind of just hopped in my car and showed up at his doorstep nine hours later. Now, the biggest thing holding me back from revealing my face was fixed. Maybe I won't even panic this time. I've been thinking a lot about my face reveal. I just don't know when I want to do it. I quite enjoyed the double life I live. No one expects me to post an instagram photo or a tik tok or anything like that. I'm not expected to have a face cam on during a stream like George is, I'm not expected to have my background looking sparkly clean—even though it basically is constantly. There's just no expectations set out for me because no one knows me well enough.