-35-

Chapter Thirty Five

    I had fallen asleep in Clay's arms in bed while we were watching a Disney movie on his television. I don't remember falling asleep and frankly, I don't even remember what movie I was watching. I was just exhausted from spending the entire day with his family yesterday. I didn't know what time it was currently, just that I had woken up to the sound of George whispering over the phone.

    "Hurry up and play the game," George whispered loudly and let me tell you, George cannot whisper for shit. I don't think that boy knows the definition of "whisper". It was more-so a mix between a pubescent boy's voice crack and his regular speaking voice.

    "I got the fucking 8 ball in again!" Clay shouted so loud compared to his whispering that I actually jumped from beside him. He immediately tightened his grip on my side and pulled me closer to him.

    With Clay's sleeping schedule being so poor, he usually has these "sleepovers" with George in his merch discord server to waste some time. They're usually quiet while I'm sleeping. However, this time around, apparently they decided to play a game that highlighted Clay's rage. He ended up taking his phone and banging it on the nightstand table on top of the yelling.

    "What is going on?" I whispered groggily.

    George started giggling maniacally causing Clay to wheeze above the hushed level that they were keeping it.

    "I got the 8 ball in," Clay sighed and began petting my hair with the hand that wasn't holding his phone.

    "I heard," I replied, then reached over his body to grab my phone from the nightstand, "Clay it's two in the fucking morning. Jesus fucking christ, why haven't you fallen asleep yet? You didn't even get much sleep this morning."

    "George and I are having a sleepover," he explained as if I didn't already know and as if that was a good excuse for not sleeping.

    I heard George burst out laughing from the other side of the phone, "Dream's getting parented."

    "George have you gone to sleep yet?"

    "No," he replied back in a tone that sounded like a child replying to their mother after getting yelled at or caught red handed.

    "Well, I'd parent you as well, George, but at this point I'm not even surprised that you haven't gone to bed yet."

    "Sorry for waking you up," Clay whispered to me as if whispering made a difference at this point.

    "It's okay. I guess that's what I get for sleeping on the floor of your bedroom," I responded. I knew his fans would be freaking out about me sleeping in Clay's room and automatically assume that I was sleeping in the same bed as him. I used that as a cover up to avoid any drama or dating rumors on the timeline. I think Clay understood why I said this because he looked at his chat, then nodded his head lightly.

    "Wanna join the sleepover?" George asked.

    "We should see if Nick's awake."

    "George and I tried calling him but he didn't answer. I mean, you can try but I guarantee he won't answer."

    "Bet," I replied, pulling Nick's contact up on my phone. I clicked the FaceTime icon and stared at my dark figure on the screen while I waited for him to pick up. He answered after the first ring. I burst out laughing as George and Clay both started complaining about Nick not answering them.

    "Hi pretty boy," I greeted when I saw his face. He was laying in bed with his lamp on.

    "Hello," he smiled, "What're you up to?"

    "Well, I was sleeping, but then guess what?"

    He chuckled, "What?"

    "George and Clay are having a sleepover and Clay screamed about sinking the 8 ball so now I'm awake. I think we should have our own sleepover, Nick."

    "Say less," he responded.

    Clay and George got double offended when Nick agreed to have a sleepover with me and didn't answer their calls. I reached over and muted Clay's mic on the discord server after telling George and the others that he'd be right back. I verified that it was, indeed, muted before I spoke so we didn't have an issue like the other night.

    "I'm gonna go to the guest room so Nick and I can watch a movie," I whispered. Again, I don't know why I was whispering. It didn't make a difference either way.

    "Alright, have a good sleepover," he smiled, "I'll come in when I'm done."

    "Love you Dream!" Nick shouted from my phone.

    "Love you too Sapnap," Clay laughed, "Have fun, guys."

    I nodded my head and grabbed my laptop from Clay's dresser. When I settled down on the bed in the guest room, I had Nick set up a stream or whatever in his merch discord so that his members could watch a movie with us.

    "I'm so gonna fall asleep," I chuckled before we entered the discord.

    "We'll leave the discord after the movie so you won't be asleep in the discord call all night," he responded.

    We asked the members of his discord for movie suggestions. After ten minutes of reading the replies and having back to back disagreements, Nick and I finally agreed on one of the final destination movies. We whispered to each other over the movie for the first five minutes before someone yelled at us to be quiet. Nick and I had to pause the movie because we were laughing so hard. Eventually we settled down and resumed the movie. We didn't completely stop talking, but we limited the commentating.

    Halfway through the movie, just like I expected, I had passed out. I assume Nick knew that as I had stopped talking to him. When the movie ended, the sudden silence woke me up; though I was still half asleep and wasn't completely registering everything going on. Nick was letting everyone in the discord know that he was on the verge of falling asleep and that I had already gone to sleep.

    "I'm awake," I mumbled.

    "Oh," he giggled, "Well, Cal and I are gonna go to bed. Goodnight guys! Thanks for watching a movie with us!"

    "Goodnight guys, love you," I slurred as I began falling asleep again.

    Nick signed off of the discord and moved us to a separate channel where it was just him and I. We talked for a few minutes, but eventually both of us had passed out at some point without leaving the discord. I only woke one more time throughout the night and that was when Clay came into the room. Nick didn't wake up during this as Clay was being decently quiet. I only woke up because not only did I feel him move the laptop from in front of me to one of the nightstand tables, but I also felt the bed dip and him pull me close. I smiled into his embrace and promptly fell back asleep.