-28-

Chapter Twenty Eight

[CW: talks of food in first paragraph]

Karl and I ended up falling asleep on the couch last night most likely from a sugar coma. We each finished a gallon of ice cream. He chose cookies and cream; I chose rainbow sherbet. On top of that, Karl downed an entire bag of fruity candy that was on sale. It had starbursts, skittles, lifesaver gummies, and sweet tarts. I'm still in recovery and the ice cream—while I tried to keep my mind distracted—was still a lot for me.

When I woke up, Karl was hugging my lower legs as if it was his teddy bear. I took a picture of it and sent it to the group chat I have with Eret and Niki. Eret was laughing over it, meanwhile Niki was absolutely gushing at him. Honestly, Karl is such a pretty sleeper. I wish I could be as beautiful as him when I sleep. I drool in my sleep and apparently, according to Clay, I snore or as I like to call it "breathing heavily". I don't think I do that though.

To wake Karl up, I started tickling his neck with my socked foot. He immediately started giggling in his sleep, then shot his eyes open when he realized he wasn't dreaming. He giggled some more and grabbed my ankles to stop me. Then, he began tickling my feet as payback. I tried kicking to get away from him, but he had a firmer grip on my legs.

"K-Karl!" I breathed between my laughs, "S-S-Stop!"

"Hehehe," he giggled, "Fine!" He sighed, releasing my feet. I sat up and started breathing deeply to try to catch my breath. We burst into a fit of laughter afterwards over the whole ordeal.

"Bitch," I rolled my eyes with a bright smile on my face.

"Jerk," he responded, a glint in his eyes.

We giggled some more like school children before checking our phones.

"Jimmy texted me," he smiled and wiggled his eyebrows at me, "Your Tesla's ready, bestie!" He exclaimed, bouncing on the couch and lifting my body off in the process to the point where both of us were bouncing.

"I—Really?"

"You wanna go get breakfast then go get it?"

I nodded my head excitedly, "Guess where I'm going when we pick it up Karlisle," I grinned, calling him by the silly nickname I gave him. At first, he got really annoyed at me calling him that. Now he just embraces it.

"I'm sure I can guess, but I'd just love to hear it from you."

"I can never tell if you're being sarcastic or not," I shook my head, "Anyway, I'm going to see Clay finally. It's been so long," I gushed.

"Word going around is he's finally introducing you to the fam."

I got up from the couch to go get ready for the day, "Yeah, I'm really nervous. I feel like if the family hates you, there's no chance for the relationship anymore," I responded as I climbed up the stairs to my bedroom.

"I wouldn't fret, Cal. You get along great with his younger sister. I doubt his older sister will be there because she's moved out of the house. So you just have to meet his dad, mom, and younger brother. No big deal?"

I groaned, "Maybe I should break up with him and just avoid this situation completely," I replied while bouncing on the first step of the staircase.

"Cal, you better not. I'd rather hear Dream talk about your guys' relationship nonstop than talk about your guys' break up nonstop. He's gonna cry on FaceTime to the group chat every single night for a whole entire year. Save us that burden, Cal."