-12-

Chapter Twelve

"MCC teams have been released for Saturday," Dream said, entering my room.

"Yeah? Who are you with?"

"George, Solidarity, and CPTPuffy."

"That's not a bad team. At least you're with George."

"Yeah, but we all wanted to be together," he pouted.

"Maybe next round they'll put Sapnap, George, and you together."

"Yeah," he shrugged, "Who're you with?"

I applied last week to be on MCC after Dream encouraged me to. I knew of MCC since it started. When you're a Minecraft streamer or YouTuber, how could you not? They accepted me within twenty-four hours and said how excited they were that I finally decided to join. My followers have been wanting me to join for awhile but I always denied it. I went onto my phone and looked at the team release.

"I'm with Techno, Nihachu, and Eret."

"You're with Techno?" He shouted, taking my phone from my grip to look, "That's no fair! That's too OP of a team!"

"Are you nervous, Clay?"

"Fuck no. I'm still going to beat you. It's still not fair! You and Techno together? What were they thinking? That's like too overpowered. This is going to be easy for you. What the fuck," he stared at the phone in dismay.

"It's okay Clay, we'll go easy on you."

He shoved my shoulders, "Oh fuck off."

Techno was a strong player in the community, but I don't know why Dream was worried about me. Sure, I'm a world record speed runner, but I've never really dabbled in other parts of Minecraft like building. I suck at building. I'm good at survival games and decent at those mini-game type things on Hypixel, but I'm not perfect in my abilities for them like I am with speed running. I'm decent at PVP as well, but not nearly as good as Techno.

"Well, damn. I guess I have to get practicing," I sighed. I wasn't as excited as I should be. In fact, I was nervous. Especially to be meeting new people and going against Dream. I know that if they put him and I together on a team, it would probably clash. I don't know how they organize their teams, but Dream and I both hold spots in the top three for speed running. Surely, they're not going to put two similar good players on the same team. Now that would be OP.

I went back to Twitter on my phone and looked at the replies under my team announcement. My teammates had replied, apart from Techno, and the replies were freaking out.

@user1: HOLD UP, SINCE WHEN IS CAL ON MCC???

@user2: that's it, im putting my money on this team bc techno and cal are on it

I searched up Techno's name in the search bar and pulled up his account. He was already following me apparently. When did that happen? I followed him back and opened up his DMs.

Twitter DMs

CalPal: hey, we're on the same MCC team!

Techno: hey, yeah.

CalPal: fair warning, im not the best

at PVP or building

Techno: want me to train you?