-23-

Chapter Twenty-Three

    The road trip seemingly went smoother than the first time. Whenever I wanted to nap, George and I would switch seats so I could sprawl out in the back. He even let me use his pillow which smelled really good. Not like cologne type good, but laundry detergent type good. George didn't play bad music either. He didn't talk much, more-so let Clay do all the talking and laughed whenever he thought something was funny. It was cute; he spent most of the time cloud gazing.

    When we got closer to home and had to do less highway driving, I was woken up to take over driving. Clay has absolutely no sense of direction unless it's in Minecraft, and even then, it's not the best. There's a subway right by my house. It literally takes two turns to get there. George and I sent him there to get food yesterday and it took him forty minutes because he got lost and ended up in the next city over. Again, I really don't understand how that's possible. He swore he was following the GPS and that it was just broken.

    George had finally bought a plane ticket home for three days from now. Clay hasn't decided when he's going back home yet. I knew he was staying a bit longer after George left so we could have some time alone before we went long distance for however long.

    Currently, we were all sat on different seating in the living room on our separate laptops with Among Us running. Captainsparklez had reached out to Dream to see if he was up for some gameplay with the crew. After a half hour, a couple people had dropped out and George, Sapnap, and I were able to join. The crew was Tommy, Tubbo, Captain, Dream, Sapnap, Shubble, Smajor,  Karl, Wilbur, and I. This was my first time talking to people who weren't the Dream Team. I didn't have time to introduce myself to the crew off stream, so we all had to pretend that we've known each other and were friends. I feel like the viewers would be able to sense the awkwardness. Both George, Nick, and Clay assured me that Tommy would speak enough for all nine of us and would fill the awkward silence. If I'm being honest, I wasn't sure what that meant as I've never seen Tommy before or watched any of his content.

    Shubble and Scott have been really kind to me. Whenever I wanted to talk and tried to get a word in, they would interrupt everyone and announce that I wanted to talk. Each time, Tommy would try to get me voted out on the first round if I was alive as I was "an American woman". I honestly didn't understand him at all and felt like I was missing an inside joke. Clay and George warned me not to fight it.

    The three of us made sure never to talk at the same time. If one of us talked at the same time as someone else, it would be apparent that we're all in the same room as the audios would echo and overlap. Clay and I were able to make an acceptation since the fans knew we were together. At one point, I was the imposter and accidentally vented in front of Clay by accident. Then, I proceeded to chase him around the map and Captain set off O2 so the button couldn't be pressed. It was great timing.

    Before the O2 was fixed, my cool down was up and I beheaded Clay right by the emergency button. He screamed his head off and started banging his fists against his laptop. While I was laughing my head off, I had to reach over and take the laptop from him to prevent him from punching it in half. He was so angry, but the second I poked his hand and played with his fingers, he took deep breaths and calmed down pretty instantaneously. His body was called before I could give his laptop back.

    "It literally can't be the captain," Tubbo said as soon as the screen popped up.

    "What he said," Jordan backed him up.

    "Where?" I asked. Clay tightened his grip on my hand in anger and I just muted my mic and laughed loudly.

    "In the cafeteria. It was right by the button, so I think he had information and got killed before he could press the button," Scott replied.