-32-

Chapter Thirty Two

[A/N: let's just pretend Drista's real name is Drista, because it feels wrong "assigning" her a name]

    While I was in staring mode, I noticed the curtain move slightly from the front window of his parents house. I fidgeted with my hands a bit when I noticed them moving again, as if there were a gentle breeze against the fabric. I think it was just his sister though because I saw a wisp of dark blonde hair shine through the glass.

    "The curtains moved," I whispered to Clay as he attempted to turn the car off. I reached over and did it for him as I didn't particularly enjoy seeing him struggle at the moment.

    "It's probably Drista looking out the window. She's really excited to meet you."

    "Yeah, we talk all the time—"

    "What? How do you talk?"

    "She took your phone while you were in the bathroom one time when you were visiting and found my number. I'll say, it was odd, but she's actually pretty funny. She added me on Snapchat too."

    "Oh I'm gonna kill her."

    I rolled my eyes, "Sure you are, big man."

    "I—What?" He rested his head against the steering wheel, "I feel like Tommy's rubbing off on you too much. Stop watching him."

    "I will never."

    "It's for your own good Caelum."

    I shook my head, "Nice try, Big D."

    "CAELUM!"

    I just started giggling and getting out of the car. Then, he began chasing me around it as if we weren't in his parents driveway. His entire family was probably staring at this scene occurring. They're going to think I'm so weird.

    "He's a bad influence on you!" He shouted over the roof of the car as I was on the other side.

    "He's sixteen!"

    "My point exactly! A child!"

    Clay faked me out by running in the opposite direction, then coming straight for me. He grabbed me around the waist and flung me around in a circle. Soon enough, we were just messing around, fake fighting in the driveway when Drista came outside and stared at us from the porch. I was about to sock Clay in the jaw when I noticed her from my peripherals. Clay and I stopped in our tracks and slowly turned to her as if we were in a sitcom film.

    "You guys are idiots!" She laughed.

    "Hey!" Clay shouted, "You are too!"

    I turned back towards Clay and starting pushing him toward the porch. I couldn't just walk into the house like I do with Nick or him since his parents have never met me. Clay finally got bored of me barely moving him, so he grabbed my hand and tugged me toward Drista. When we stood on the porch, I noticed Drista was a few inches taller than me. She's like seven years younger than me and has like three inches on me. That's embarrassing.

    Drista started laughing at me, "Hi!"

    Her laugh was contagious, so I started giggling as well, "Hello big man."

    Since we both watch Tommy, sometimes we'll FaceTime each other when he livestreams and just watch him together. We've picked up lingo from him, and I've also progressively picked up habits from him due to streaming with him or just chatting in a vc. Tommy is a funny guy, but if I ever openly admitted to actually enjoying his content, I think he'd make fun of me for the rest of my life. I'd never live it down.