A Little Date

Bradley

"I don't even know who you are, Brad and I'm inviting you over. You're like a stranger I know nothing about you yet you make me feel so many things I can't describe"

"Have you ever been in love?"

"With you!?"

"Anyone"

"Um"

He looked down at his lap and played with the belt loops on his jeans.

"I don't think I... I've got, there's someone that I..."

He stopped and sighed.

My chest felt heavy and cold. I hope I get to hear the words I want to hear. The truth is so much harder to ask for when you're going to be scared of the answer.

"If it makes you feel any better, I've never had a partner. I've always felt disconnected from people that way"

"Like asexual?"

"No, just no special feelings."

"With anyone? At all?"

"I guess."

"That's kind of how I feel. Noone has been cute enough to get a second look in and noone has ever tried to be with me."

"I had this one lad in football, he used to think I liked him just because I looked at the tattoo on his stomach so he told everyone."

"I used to study music back in my old town and someone thought I liked him because I asked to borrow one of his drum sticks."

"So you're a virgin, right?"

His face went bright red.

"That's nothing to be ashamed of, Tris. So am I"

"But you have hundreds of guys climb all over you. You have Connor, the guy at the cafe I always see you at, girls in our music class"

"First off, Connor likes someone else, he's my bestfriend not my fuckbuddy. The guy is not my type he's too stuck up his own arse all he does is talk about himself. I go to order a smoothie and he goes 'how do you think I look today, bradley'. The amount of times I want to say 'fucking ugly give me my smoothie' is uncountable"

I heard him laugh but he didn't look up at me. He just looked so sad, even when smiling.

"And I'm not into girls"

"I kind of guessed that. I've seen who you follow on Instagram it's all boys"

"Well look at you the little stalker"

This time I did actually make him smile.

"Brad, I wanna take you out tonight. Try to be friends with you. If you will let me take that chance?"

"Will you hate me one minute and love me the next?"

"Most likely"

"Im in"

I smiled

------------------------------

It has been 20 minutes and Tristan is still downstairs cooking our dinner. He said after we are going somewhere but he wont say where exactly.

I feel much better after that talk. I feel deeply conected to him, although I only learned 3 things about the male.
Things are finally going up hill.