And I Love It

Tristan
Brad's birthday is today. He's 24. It's been a few years and I'm going to tell you every important thing that happened.

We both got our degree in Music, we moved into Brad's house for a year and both got jobs at a cafe until we had enough saved. It wasn't easy but my dad and his parents helped us out a lot. Even Milly gave up her £10 note for us.

We had a lot on our banks and decided it was time to move in together when I was 21. He's a year younger than me so I bet you can figure his age out.

It was a lovely place. A two bedroom house with a big living room and kitchen, just what I've always wanted. Bradley hoped for a bigger garden for more space for a dog to run around in. He thought I wasn't keen on the idea of having a dog in our new home, but a few months after I went to the animal shelter and found a 2 year old golden retriever. He called her Jesse and she loves the kitchen.

Brad turned 22 and I had planned us a great week away to France. We had no idea what anything was we only knew how to say 'hello' 'thank you' and 'goodbye' so you can imagine how many times we laughed trying to figure out their language.  We were surprised when we found out most of the people of France can talk English. Luckily our waiter could so it was no problem ordering.

I wanted that week to be special, but not too special as I planned an extra day. We got our plane back to the UK and he was wondering why I wasn't driving back to our town. Instead I drove us to Blackpool and we had a stoll across the beach at sunset. Arcades and sweets for a few hours, then back onto the beach.

It was finally time for me to do what I have wanted to do since day one. My heart was pounding as I told him how much I loved him and all the reasons why. I got down on one knee and pulled out the box which could bound us for life. His gasp and tears made me wonder if it was happiness or shock. I said the words 'will you marry me'and his arms came swinging round my body while he nodded with speed and the ony word to come out his mouth were "yes, yes, yes, yes, yes".

A year later I was 24 and we had always talked about kids. We both adore them and thought we would both be great with them. We didn't want to go through the stages of getting someone else pregnant for it to be our child, we both didn't like the idea of that. But my little bear said he would adopt and give the kids a better life.

So of course I took that into consideration and I went through the process of signing loads of papers, home checks, questionnaires all that lot and we now have 2 kids that we love to call our own. A boy and a girl. Twins that were in an abusive home.
Lilly and Jack. Both age 7, hyper and kind kids.

It's been a struggle money wise but we've had help. Bradley got a record deal working on solo tracks and got me involved too. We now perform little gigs here and there but our fans are growing and we don't know what to expect.

Today Brad is 24 and I've wrote him a letter.

Bradley

I woke up to Lilly and Jack jumping on my bed screaming.

"Happy birthday, dad!"

"Oh, thank you my darlings. What time is it?"

"It's time for you to open your presents!"

"I have presents? You guys really do spoil me"

"Come on, come on they are downstairs"

"Are you going to drag your old dad out of bed?"

"Yes, your surprise is waiting, come oonnn"

"Okay, let me get dressed. Go down to Tris I'll be there soon"

They both cheered and ran out the room.

Tristan

"Are you sure Brad is up? He's taking his time?"

"He said he was getting dressed"

"He said that 10 minutes ago, Jack"

Lilly stuck her tongue out to her brother and I just laughed. She seems to have adopted Brad's sassiness these past few months. I feel as if he's teaching her these comebacks.

"He's coming, he's coming quick play the music"

Bradley
I walked into the living room and the song Marry You by Bruno Mars started playing on our speaker. I burst out laughing, blushing like crazy as I looked over to my family.

"Happy birthday, dad!"

They both screamed and Tristan came over to hug me.

"Happy birthday, baby"

"Thank you, trufle. Thank you guys"

They both ran over to me, stomping their feet trying to jump up.

"Come on, your presents!"

I got dragged over to the sofa and the music was playing at a low volume.

"Open mine first!"

Lilly handed me hers and it had a pink bow on it and I was covered... covered in glitter.

I ripped off the wrapping paper and it was a shirt. A red and black checkered shirt.

"This is really nice Lilly, thank you"

"It's okay, dad"

She gave me a kiss on the cheek and handed Jack's over.

"This is Jack's one, bleh"

She put her fingers to her mouth and pretended to gag. I love their banter they have going on. They love each other dearly but it's precious to watch them pretend to hate each other. Remind you of anyone?

I opened it up and it was black skinny jeans with ripped knees and a studded belt to come with it.

"Tristan said you got to look on the back"

I looked at him and he was smirking.

I turned them over and on the back was written in small writing the name 'TRISTAN".

"And why is your name on my jeans, mister?"

"Because that ass is all mine"

We all shared that laugh and he brought me closer to him.

"I got you something"

He handed me an envelope.

"Is this the house bill?"

"Aha no. Trust me"

Bradley, my Fiance. Over the past year I have been thinking about this, planning it all out for you. Two years ago you took me to Australia, now it's time I do something amazing for you back. This time I'm going to do it 10 times better. A lot of time and saving has gone into this and it's worth it. In 10 months you wont be known as my fiance anymore, you'll be known as my husband. In Tenerife.
I know you've always wanted to go there and you didn't want to get married in a church.
I have planned everything down to the very last little detail. Happy birthday xxxx

"Are you kidding me?!"

"I'm not"

"Oh my god, Trissy!"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

He kissed me and both our kids went "eww"

This is my life and I love it.

The end