Chapter 2

Clay and I walked into the crowded school and headed towards the cafeteria to greet Nick. He was sitting at a round table in the back corner with his head down, so we started to walk over.

"Hello Georgie and Clay." Nick said in a terrible British accent as he picked his head up. I dropped my backpack on the floor and sat down next to him, with Clay on the other side of me.

"Hello Nicky Poo" Clay said back, as he pulled out his phone to scroll through social media.

"How was your walk here you two lovebirds?" Nick asked, trying not to laugh.

"What?" I said, looking up at Clay, "we are not lovebirds you weirdo." I put my hands on my cheeks to stop Nick and Clay from seeing me blush. The warning bell then went off, telling us we had 5 minutes to get to first period. All three of us stood up and started walking towards the hallway.

"What classes do all of you have?" Clay asked, "I have geometry with Ms. Ward."

"I have stupid biology with Mrs. Thomas. I hate the class already." Nick said, looking angry.

"I also have geometry with Ms. Ward." I said as I laughed at Nick for being dumb.

"Awww are you two gonna sit next to each other?" Nick said smiling at us. He has always made jokes about Me and Clay being a couple since the 3rd week that i've lived here, I don't mind them though.

"Shut up Nick," Clay said, lightly punching him on the shoulder, "see ya at lunch." We parted ways from Nick and walked to our geometry class together.

—————————————-
Finally, it's lunch. I thought to myself as Clay and I walked out of English class together. We've had every class together, and I would be lying if I said that I didn't stare at him a lot. We walked into the lunch room to see Nick sitting in the same spot he was this morning. I handed Clay my backpack to bring to the lunch table so I could get in line for lunch. I grabbed 2 slices of pizza and some chocolate milk and walked to our lunch table.

"Hey cutie." Clay said to me, joking obviously. I felt my face start going red, and Clay started to wheeze. "I'm kidding idiot, sit down." He said as he patted the seat next to him. I sat down and started scarfing down my food.

"How was your summer guys?" Nick asked. We hadn't seen him a lot this summer since he goes to sleep away camp for the majority of it.

"It was decent. I got a cat, but that's pretty much it." Clay said.

I was there for when he got surprised with a cat for his birthday. Clay's parents basically saw Henry and I as their children since we were over there so much. It made me happy seeing Clay so excited. He looked so cu-, I need to stop obsessing over Clay, I thought to myself. I don't see why I keep thinking of Clay like that, he'd never like me back and... my dad. If he were to ever find out that I may like a boy, i'd be beaten.

"That's awesome dude," Nick said, interrupting my thoughts, "oh and guys, do you want to come camping with my family and I this weekend? It'll be fun." Nick asked.

"Yea sounds like fun, i'll have to ask my parents but i'm sure they'll be fine with it." Clay said, as he took a bite of his sandwich he brought from home.

"Alright sweet, what about you Georgie?" Nick asked, looking at me.

"Yea I can go. My dad will be fine with it." That was a lie. If I were to ask he wouldn't want me going, but if I just don't tell him I'm going, he won't even notice.
                  ————————————-
The final bell rang, and Clay and I rushed to be first out of our ceramics class. We walked out of the doors to the school and headed towards the middle school to pick up our brothers.