Chapter 6

This chapter contains many triggering topics.

We pulled up to Clay's house first.

"George I think you left your bag here, and Henry is still here, so do you want to just hangout here for a bit, and I'll walk you guys home later?" Clay asked me.

"Oh yea sure." I say, climbing out of the car with him.

"Thank you guys for a fun weekend!" Clay said, waving at Nick and his parents. They pulled away, and we walked into Clay's house to be greeted by Patches, his cat.

"Hi baby, I know you missed me." Clay said, as he scooped up Patches and gave her a kiss on the head. Matt and Henry then came down the stairs.

"Oh hey George, what are you doing here?" Henry asked, as he walked over to hug me. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly.

"Clay and I are going to hang out for a bit before we walk home. How are you feeling?" I asked, as I let go of him and looked at his face.

"I'm alright. It scared me more then it hurt. He probably forgot about it by now too." Henry said.

"Well thank you for coming here, we're glad my mom could help," Clay said to him, also hugging him, "you guys can stay for dinner and then i'll walk you home."

"Alright thanks." Henry and I responded. Clay started walking up the stairs so I followed him.

"How'd you enjoy the trip?" Clay asked, plopping his bag down on his bed and sitting in his gaming chair.

"It was fun. The woods were terrifying though."  I said back, sitting on the edge of his bed.

"They weren't too bad, plus I was there for you." Clay giggled. I rolled my eyes at him, which made him laugh more.

"Want to play some Minecraft? You can play on my laptop if you want." Clay asked, as he turned on his pc.

"Sure that would be fun." I responded, reaching out to grab the laptop from Clay's desk.
               —————————————-
After about an hour or so of playing minecraft, we then ate dinner. After we ate, I grabbed my string backpack that I had left at Clay's, and my duffel bag. Clay, Henry, and I walked out of the house and towards our own.

"Thanks for walking us home Clay." Henry said, looking at the ground.

"No problem, bud." Clay responded. He then looked over at me, and smiled, causing me to blush.

We shortly arrived at the front of my house. My dads car was in the driveway, but he was most likely asleep.

"Bye Clay!" Henry said, walking into the house. Before I said bye, Clay pulled me in for a hug.

"If you need me, i'm here." Clay said, rubbing circles on my back.

"Thanks Clay." I responded, putting my head on his chest. We eventually pulled apart, leaving me to walk into the house. I turned and waved at Clay once I reached the door. He smiled and waved back, then started walking back towards his house.

I walked in the house and slid my shoes off. I walked to my room and dropped my bag onto the ground. My dad then busted into the room, looking very angry.

WARNING- OFFENSIVE TERMS AND HOMOPHOBIA

"George what the fuck was that?" My dad asked, leaning on my door.

"What do you mean?" I asked back, confused.

"Who was the boy you just hugged? Your boyfriend? I always knew you were a fucking fag." My dad said, punching my wall.

"Dad what do you mean? That was Clay, my best friend." I say back, tears starting to flow from my face.

"Yea sure he his. How did I end up with two fucking sons like you and Henry." My dad yelled, slamming the door behind him as he walked out of my room.

I fell back onto my bed, curling into a ball. I was crying so hard, uncontrollably. "You can't be gay, George. It's bad." Was the thought that kept playing over and over in my mind. I took off Clay's sweatshirt and threw it at my closet door. I walked into my bathroom and shut the door. I sat on the floor and hugged my knees, still crying extremely hard.

"Why do I have to be the way I am?" I asked myself in my head.

WARNING- SELF HARM

I stood up and went into the closet in my bathroom, and lifted up a towel I had never taken out. This revealed my stash of unused razors. I grabbed one and sat on my floor. I looked at it for a second before shakily cutting into my arm a few times, with tears streaming down my face.

"Why do I have to be the way I am?" Kept replaying in my head as I cut more, blood dripping onto the floor. After I was done, I threw the razor into my garbage, and hugged my knees again, smearing blood onto them. Tears did not stop falling from my face, as I rocked front to back. My door then opened.

"GEORGE!" Henry yelled, kneeling down on the floor next to me, "George what did you do." Henry said, taking my arm to reveal the cuts. He quickly grabbed two towels from my closet and wrapped them around my arms tightly. This wasn't the first time he has had to do this, although I felt bad it had to be him to help me.

"It's going to be ok, Georgie, I promise." Henry said, taking a washcloth to wash off my knees. "You're going to be ok George."

"I'm s-s-so sorry." I choked out, tears still dripping off of my face.

"It's ok Georgie, you're ok. I love you." Henry said to me, hugging me tightly.

I eventually stopped crying as hard, and took off the towels to reveal what I had just done. I felt sick to my stomach. Henry took a wet washcloth, and wiped off the dried blood around the cuts. He took bandages and applied them, to prevent infections.

"There. You're alright George. I'm sleeping in here with you tonight." Henry said, cleaning the drops of blood off of the floor. I grabbed him and pulled him in for a hug, which lasted over 5 minutes, both of us crying into each other's shoulders.

"Henry," I said, pulling away from his shoulder, "I think i'm gay." I said, barely able to choke out the last word. It felt wrong.

"George it's ok, i'm always going to support you ." Henry said back, pulling me in for another hug.

"Am I bad? Like how dad says I am?" I asked, starting to cry harder.

"No George. Don't listen to him. It's who you are. I love you George." Henry said, starting to cry more as well.

"I love you too. Please can we keep this between us? I really don't want this out right now." I asked.

"Of course. Between me and you brother." Henry said back, hugging me again. We both cried into each other's shoulders again.

When I felt better, I stood up and walked back into my room, Henry following. I slipped on Clay's sweatshirt to hide my arms. I crawled under the covers and closed my eyes, exhausted from what had just occurred.

"Goodnight Georgie." Henry said, running his fingers through my hair. Within 5 minutes, I was fast asleep.

This was a very heavy chapter, and remember, if you're ever feeling like this, please tell a trusted adult or a friend. I'm also always here for anyone :)