Chapter 27

I cuddled into Clay and he put his arm around me. My face buried into my hoodie, and AJ's scent was brought to my attention. I looked down and realized I was still wearing his hoodie he let me borrow. Clay must have noticed it right? Why didn't he say anything? I got up and walked into the bathroom. I took off the hoodie and folded it. I walked out of the bathroom and set it on my desk chair. Clay watched, yet still didn't mention anything of it, he just continued to scroll through his phone. I crawled back into bed with him and watched what was on his phone. He put his arm back around me as if nothing happened.

—————————
I woke up late, and Clay had already been up and downstairs most likely. I stretched my arms in the air and got up. I walked downstairs to see everyone in the kitchen.

"Good morning, George." Clay's dad said to me as he walked past, messing up my hair.

"Here you go George." Clay's mom said to me as she slid a plate of eggs towards the empty chair.

I sat down next to Clay, who didn't look up from his food. We ate in silence while Matt and Henry laughed about something next to us. Clay didn't say a word as he got up and put his plate in the dishwasher and walked back upstairs. Was he mad about the sweatshirt? He would've said something if he was right? I frowned as I put my plate in the dishwasher and walked upstairs and into my room. Clay was sitting at his desk with his headset on, probably playing Minecraft.

"Hey Clay?" I asked, he didn't turn around but instead just hummed in response.

I hesitated, but eventually choked out, "are you, uh, mad at me?"

He still did not turn around, but instead replied with a simple "no".

I frowned and opened my phone to scroll through it. I received a message from Nick and AJ.

Nicky:
Remember to be here for 12 Georgie.

I replied with an "ok" and opened AJ's message.

AJ:
Good morning :) How are you doing?

Me:
Good morning, i'm good. I forgot to give your hoodie back btw.

AJ:
You can keep it for now, I don't really wear it anyway.

I smiled and put my phone down, watching Clay play Minecraft. He was playing with Nick, except they weren't on discord but were typing in the chat to communicate, which was strange. Wasn't Nicks computer broken? Unless he was playing on his laptop, he wouldn't be able to play with Clay. I shrugged it off and watched Clay play.

I looked at my phone to see the time had been 11:30, so I started to get ready. I changed into a new pair of sweatpants and a new shirt. I put on a gray sweatshirt and slid my shoes on before walking out the door and down the stairs without saying bye to Clay. I walked out the front door and towards Nicks street.

I walked for about 10 minutes before arriving at Nicks. I rang the doorbell and Nick answered.

"Hey George." He said.

"Hello." He stepped aside and let me in the house and followed him up to his room. He opened his door and closed it after I walked in. He had blue LED lights on and Quadeca was playing through his speaker on his desk.

"What's wrong with your computer?" I asked as I looked at the PC on his desk.

"Not sure, just won't turn on." He said as he opened the case to reveal the parts. Right away I could see a wire not plugged in. I inserted it into the right spot and hit the power button. The fans started running and eventually the rest of the computer powered on.

"How did you not notice that? You know more about computers than I do."

He shrugged and looked at his phone. "Wanna watch a movie or something?"

All of a sudden I got a bad feeling in my stomach, as if something was wrong. I needed to get home.

"Um I think im just gonna get going, I don't feel well." I lied.

"No please just stay a bit. I'm bored." Nick pleaded. The feeling grew, and I opened the door to leave.

"Im sorry I cant, I really don't feel well." I quickly walked out the front door and started running home.

My feet carried me along the sidewalk as I ran, my cheeks red from the wind. My hands were numb as they swung in front of me. I could barely breathe, but I couldn't stop running. There had to be a reason why Nick wanted me to come over. It was too stupid of a reason for him to call me when he could have fixed it by just looking. My nose started running and I sniffed to keep it from dripping. I got home within five minutes to see a car i'd never seen before parked in the driveway. I ran in the front door to see Matt and Henry in the living room. I ran past without saying hi, and ran up the stairs. Clay's door was closed, so I opened it quickly. Clay had been sitting on his bed, with a girl on top of him. They were making out. My heart dropped as I stood, panting from sprinting home. So that's why Nick wanted me to come over, so Clay could have a girl over. Tears filled my eyes as they both stopped and looked over at me. As the girl turned I realized who it had been, Grace.

"George it's not what it looks like." He said quickly, practically throwing Grace off his lap. He stood up and walked towards me. I was frozen in place as he made his way over. I looked up at his face before turning and running. He tried grabbing my arm but I was able to run down the stairs and out the door. Tears streamed down my face as I ran towards the place that would only make sense.

AJ's.

And so the angst begins...