Chapter 14

Clay and I started to unpack, but I got tired so we decided it would be best to go to sleep. I changed into pajamas quickly and crawled into bed, Clay following. I flipped over onto my side, pulling out my phone to scroll through it before sleeping. Clay then put his arm under mine, wrapping it around my stomach. He put his chin on my shoulder and looked at my phone with me. I decided to go on snapchat since I hadn't been on it in a while. I opened a picture from Nick, which had been him with a stupid dog filter on it. I put a filter on that stretched my face making me look funny. Clay had been in the picture too, since his head was on my shoulder.

I wouldn't be going to school for the next few days to rest, but Clay was still going to go. I plugged my phone into the charger and closed my eyes, falling asleep with Clay's arm still around me.
                         ——————————
I woke up to Clay moving around in the bed. I looked at the clock and realized it was only 3 am, and Clay wouldn't be up for another 4 hours. I turned around to see he had turned onto his back. I ran my fingers through his soft hair before turning back around and closing my eyes. I couldn't seem to fall asleep, so I grabbed my phone and scrolled through it. I had received a snapchat from Nick 20 minutes ago.

Why is this child up at 3 am. I thought to myself as I opened it. It was a picture of him laying in bed with his flash on. The caption read "why are you in bed with Clay?😏". I turned my flash on and took a picture of me, Clay's head being in the background. "Sleeping together obviously" was the caption I typed out, and hit send.

I put my phone down on the bed and looked up at the ceiling. There was no point in trying to sleep again, since I knew I wouldn't be able to. I looked over at Clay, who was sleeping peacefully, looking cute as always. Maybe I should tell him how I feel about him, I thought to myself as I watched him breathe in and out. Just then I felt my phone vibrating, so I looked at it to see Nick was FaceTiming me. What does he want? I thought to myself as I got out of bed and walked into Clay's bathroom so I didn't wake Clay up.

"What do you want Nick?" I whispered as I rubbed my eyes.

"WHY ARE YOU IN CLAYS BED?" He quietly yelled into his phone, making me turn the volume down.

"First of all, why are you awake?"

"I was studying for a stupid test and now I can't sleep, I could ask you the same thing Georgie."

"I woke up randomly and couldn't go back to bed, so here I am."

"Ok now tell me why you're in Clay's bed on a school night Georgie. And what happened to your eye?"

"My dad, and I now live here I guess."

Nick's jaw dropped as I said the last part. He then started smiling at me.

"Aw that's so cute! Did you tell him yet?" Nick asked.

"Tell him what?"

"That you like him idiot. You know he likes you too right? I asked him and his face got all red and he told me to shut up, so that means he likes you."

My face got red, so I moved out of the camera to hide it. I looked down at the ground and smiled before moving my face back into view.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said back, giggling slightly.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Nick imitated me in a bad British accent, making me roll my eyes, "tell him how you feel George. I need to go to bed now but i'll make sure you do it soon."

"Yea whatever. Goodnight Nick."

"Goodnight my Georgie." He said back in his British accent again. I hung up the phone and quietly walked out of Clay's bathroom and crawled back into bed. I smiled at the ceiling, slowly drifting back into sleep.
                        —————————
"Georgie." I felt my body being shaken, so I slowly opened my eyes to see Clay's face in front of me.

"I gotta go to school but i'll be back later, just thought i'd let you know. Go back to sleep alright?" Clay said to me, patting my head.

"Alright bye Clay have fun." I said back, sitting up. Clay waved and walked out of the room. I stretched and looked over at the clock to see it was 7:30. I wasn't too hungry so I decided just to unpack the rest of my stuff.

Clay's mom knocked on the door and walked in, sitting down on the bed. I sat down next to her.

"Are you sure that you're fine with sharing a bed?" She asks.

"Oh yes it's completely fine don't worry." I said back.

"You and Clay have something special you know. He's never been like this with any of his other friends." She smiled at me and I felt my face going red. What did that even mean? I nodded my head and she stood up to walk out of the room. "You can come down for breakfast whenever you're ready honey."
—————————
I heard the front door slam shut, and Clay running up the stairs. He quickly opened the door and dropped his backpack, jumping into the bed next to me, smiling.

"Hello there Clay." I said to him.

"Hi Georgieeeeeee." He said back, hugging me.

"Well you're hyper today aren't you." I laughed as he slid off his shoes and sat down at his desk, taking a sheet of paper out, most likely his homework.

"My ADHD meds wore off so here I am." He said, taking a pencil out of his desk and getting starting on his homework.

"I didn't know you had ADHD." I said, standing up and leaning over him to see what he was doing.

"Well I do, and this is the time it wears off, can you help me with this please Georgie I don't know how to do it." He asked, pointing at a question. It was geometry, which I was decent at. I kneeled down next to him and started to show him how to do the problem. He nodded along as I explained the steps.

"Georgie do you want to go somewhere with me Friday night?" He randomly asked me.

"Depends where." I said back, putting his pencil back down onto the desk.

"It's a surprise, but trust me you'll like it." He said, making eye contact with him.

"Anything for you Clay." I joked, laughing with him. Except I wasn't joking.

Teehee, that's all i'm going to say