Chapter 16

"W-what?" Clay asked, standing up.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything." I wiped tears away and stood up, starting to walk away.

"Wait G-George." Clay said to me. I turned around and saw Clay walking quickly towards me. He grabbed around my waist with both hands, pulling me towards him.

He leaned down and placed his lips on mine softly, closing his eyes. I shut my eyes as I kissed back, putting one hand on the back of his head, feeling his soft hair. The kiss lasted for at least 5 seconds, until we both pulled away. Clay looked down at me, still holding around my waist, and smiled. I smiled back, pulling his head down again for another kiss. I felt us both smile while kissing, this time lasting for over 10 seconds. Clay pulled away and looked down at me again.

"I'm in love with you too George." He said to me, pulling me in for a hug. I grabbed around his back and put my head in his shoulder. He kissed the top of my head before resting his chin on my head.

"I thought you were going to reject me." I said, giggling as I pulled away from the hug.

"I would never, Georgie. I mean wasn't it pretty obvious for the past month that i've been like really in love with you?"

"Not to me, no. I mean I was too busy falling for you to notice." We both giggled as we sat down on the blanket and looked over the lake together. Clay slipped his hand into mine, rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb.

"You know why I brought you here, right?" He asked, looking over at me.

"Nope."

"I brought you here to tell you how I felt, but I guess you beat me to it." He shrugged, laughing a bit.

"Did Nick know you liked me? Is that why you both were being so secretive?"

"Yea I told him like a week ago. I should text him right now actually." Clay said, pulling out his phone.

"What are you going to tell him?" I said, giggling. Clay looked over at me nervously as he stopped mid sentence on his text.

"That we're.... oh wait." Clay said as he looked down at the ground.

"That we're what, Clay?"

"Well, um, can I uh- call you my boyfriend?" He asked, looking up from the ground and smiling at me.

"Of course you can." I said, moving closer to him. Our lips pressed together once again, this time lasting a lot longer. Clay then got a FaceTime call from Nick, so he answered.

"CLAY!" He yelled into the phone.

"What Nick?" He asked, moving his camera so I was in the frame as well.

"WAIT ARE YOU GUYS LIKE, YOU KNOW?"

"Yes Nick, now stop screaming," Clay laughed, "we'll text you when we get home." Clay hung up the FaceTime and turned back to me.

"So are you like fully gay?" He asked.

"Yea I think so, I came out to Henry a while ago." I said back, leaning my head on Clay. He wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm not sure what I am yet, this is all new to me. All I know is that i'm really in love with you Georgie."

We sat in silence for a while, just enjoying each other's company as we looked at the moon shining down on the lake. We were still holding hands, and Clay was still rubbing his thumb up and down my hand.

"You have no idea how happy I am that you confessed first." Clay laughed after a while.

"Why's that?" I asked, sitting up and looking over at him.

"I was super nervous to tell you. I was like sweating balls over here." He laughed.

I giggled as he said that.

"You don't think I wasn't nervous? I was literally crying because I thought you'd reject me." Clay laughed with me as I put my head back down on his shoulder.

"I was gonna tell you at Nicks party you know, but then everything happened."

"Wait, so that's what you were gonna tell me?"

"Yep, glad I didn't though, it wasn't a good time."

"Yea true."

"Should we get going now? It's getting pretty late." Clay said as he stood up. I nodded and stood up with him, helping him fold up the blanket.

"Did your mom know that you liked me?" I asked as we started to walk down the hill.

"I'm pretty sure. I'm going to tell her tomorrow to see her reaction." Clay took my hand again as we walked together.

I was finally able to tell him. After everything me and him have been through together, we were both finally happy. I looked down at his hand in mine, and couldn't help but smiling. I was finally with him. Finally with the love of my life.

WOOP WOOP