Chapter 15

Clay finished the rest of his geometry, and pulled out the book we had been reading in English. He flipped open to a page and started to read.

"I'm going to have so much work to do when I get back." I said, sighing and leaning my head back against Clay's headboard.

"I can always help, I mean we have the exact same assignments Georgie." Clay shut the book and spun around in his chair, facing me. "I'm bored."

"Me too, wanna do something?" I asked, sitting up in bed, checking the time.

"Yea sure what do you want to do?"

"Anything."

"Minecraft?" He asked, turning on his PC. I nodded and took Clay's laptop, since my PC wasn't set up yet. We loaded up our world to see Nick had been calling us on Discord. Clay unplugged his headphones so I could hear too.

"Hello Clay, are you going Friday for.." Nick started to say.

"Nick shut up, George is in the room and he can hear you, dumbass." Clay said quickly, cutting Nick off in the middle of the sentence.

"Oh shit my bad, I forgot you live together now. Well are you going?"

"Yes." Clay said, turning and looking at me, smirking.

"What the hell are you guys talking about?" I asked.

"Shhhhh George don't worry about it, it's a surprise." Nick said.

"Wait so Nick knows about where we're going Friday, but I don't?" I asked, scoffing. Clay smiled at me, so I lightly punched him on the shoulder. He grabbed his shoulder acting like it hurt.

"Yea I know Georgie because i'm cooler than you." Nick laughed. I flopped back down onto the bed and started to play Minecraft.
                            —————————-
I woke up Friday morning to an empty bed. Clay must've been running late to school. He also had football practice after school so i'd have to be without him until 5 pm, and then he'd take me to the mystery location.

Maybe I should tell him tonight. I thought to myself, as I scrolled through my phone. I saw I had received a text from him, so I opened it up.

Clay :)
Sorry I didn't wake you up, me and the boys were running late. Also reminder that I have football practice after school.

Me
Ok have fun :)

I shut off my phone and walked downstairs, to be greeted by Clay's parents talking. As soon as they saw me they quickly stopped, and faced me.

"Good morning bud." Clay's dad said to me, walking past me and towards the front door, probably going off to work.

"What would you like for breakfast George?" Clay's mom asked me, putting her hands down on the center island as I sat on a stool.

"Anything is fine, thank you."

Clay's mom slid over a plate of pancakes to me, and I dug in, eating them all very fast. I looked at the time and it was only 8 am, still leaving a long time until Clay came home. I made my way upstairs and into our room, sitting down at Clay's desk. I turned on his PC to be greeted by the login screen.

What could his password be? I asked myself as I stared at the screen. I typed in the only logical thing that Clay would use as his password, Patches, and sure enough, I got in. I didn't want to snoop but I was also very curious about where he was taking me tonight. I opened up his messages with Nick on discord and scrolled up.

Nick
Have fun tonight ;)

Clay
Shut up

He must've deleted his other messages, or they discussed where we were going tonight over text. I closed out of Discord, and logged into my account and pulled up Youtube. I relaxed and watched some videos to kill the time.
                               ———————-
It was 4:30, meaning Clay would be home in about 30 minutes. I knocked on Matt's door to see both of them playing Minecraft on the Ps4.