Chapter 13

Clay and I sat, hand in hand, watching the door. Clay brought his head up, and reached to my hair with his free hand, running his fingers through.

"Are you excited to live with me?" He asked, still running his fingers through my hair, and rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb.

"Yes, you're going to get tired of me fast though." I giggled as Clay scoffed at the comment.

"You really think I could get tired of you, Georgie?" He laughed as I smiled at him. Henry and Clay's mom then walked in, Henry still holding her hand.

"Hi boys, your dad has been arrested. Don't worry about any of the legal issues, we have it covered." Clay's mom said as she walked over to me and put her hand on my shoulder.

Tears started falling down my face because of how happy I was. No more abuse, no more living in fear of him. Henry and I would finally be free from the monster that our Dad is.

"Thank you so much. You really don't have to do all of this for us." I hugged her around her waist. Once I let go Henry hugged me tightly around my neck. I let go of Clay's hand and hugged him back.

"We're finally going to be out of there George."

"I know buddy I know." I said back, gripping the back of his shirt. Clays father and Matt then walked in, looking worried.

"I'm sorry we couldn't get here earlier, Matt had hockey." Clay's dad said as he hugged Henry. He then walked over to me and hugged me, rubbing the back of my head.

"Say hi to our new members to the household." Clay's mom said as she hugged Matt.

"Wait really?" Matt said, a smile creeping onto his face. He hugged Henry, looking very happy.

"We're glad to finally get you boys out of that house." Clay's dad said, also smiling.

The nurse then walked in and checked some things on the beeping machine next to me. She told us I was good to go home, and to make sure we properly treated the cuts so they didn't get infected. She unhooked all of the wires and gave Clay's parents some paperwork. Clay slid his hand into mine as we walked out of the room, interlocking our fingers. I looked over at him to see tears running down his face again.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just so happy that you're finally going to be safe in our house permanently, and I won't have to lay in bed at night worrying about you."

We stepped into the elevator and I turned to hug Clay, burying my face in his shoulder. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I gripped the back of his shirt. The elevator opened and we all walked out, Clay and I's hands still interlocked. Henry went off with Matt and his dad to his car, while me and Clay hopped into his moms car. We both sat in the back, Clay sat down in the middle to be closer to me, his hand gripping mine.

"We're going to go to your house to grab everything quickly, is that alright George?" Clay's mom asked, looking at us through the mirror.

"Yes that's fine thank you."

We arrived at my house, Matt and Henry arriving about 2 minutes later. We opened the front door and went to our rooms to grab everything. I threw all my clothes into suitcases and garbage bags. I took anything that I wanted and also threw it into the garbage bag. I got to my side table and picked up the picture of my mom and I, at the zoo. I looked hard at it, remembering that day perfectly. I was young, and Henry was still very young as well. My mom brought us to the zoo with our grandparents. That was one of the last days I was able to spend time with her that wasn't in a hospital. A tear then splashed onto the glass frame. I wiped it off, and Clay walked up behind me. He put his chin on my shoulder and looked at the picture.

"Is that your mom?" He asked, wrapping his arms around my waist. His chest was against my back, and I could feel his heart beating.

"Yea, this was one of her final days that wasn't in a hospital." I wiped a tear away from my face.

"I'm sorry George, i'm sure she's watching over you."

"Yea, she is." I said back. I carefully set the picture on my bed and went back to packing everything up. "What am I going to do with my gaming set up?" I asked, unplugging my PC.

"We can set it up in my room, i'm going to get and L shaped desk, so we can fit both of ours." He said, unplugging my monitors and carrying them out to the car. I followed behind with my PC to see that Henry already had everything packed and ready. I set my PC down in the trunk and went back inside to grab the rest.

As I finished I turned around to see the bare room, that used to be filled with my life, but now it was just gone. All the bad memories were being left behind.

"Goodbye hell." I said as I shut the light off and walked out the door. I hopped into the car with Clay, watching as my house grew farther and farther away.

We arrived at Clay's, and he helped me bring everything upstairs.

"We're ordering more furniture soon boys. So let's see we need two more dressers, an L shaped desk for Clay's room, a bunk bed for Henry and Matt. Wait Clay do we need a second bed for you guys?" Clay's mom asked. Clay and I both looked at each other, I shook my head and Clay smiled.

"No we're good, my bed is pretty big." He said back. Clay's mom smiled at him and gave him a wink, which she thought I wouldn't see.

We walked up the stairs and dropped my bags onto the floor. We both crawled into bed and stared at the ceiling. Clay turned his head so that he was looking at me. I turned as well, our faces extremely close together.

"Welcome home Georgie."

Boring chapter, yet important! another update coming tomorrow!

Feel free to message me your discord names so we can talk!