Chapter 5

We all stumbled out of the car and walked into the small grass field, that was surrounded by trees.

"Alright boys, you can build your own tent, and I'll help the kids." Nick's dad said, handing us a bag with the tent pieces in it.

"I don't know how to build a tent." I said, scratching my head.

"Don't worry, Clay and I were boy scouts together so we know how. Sit back and watch pretty boy." Nick said, as he dumped the pieces out onto the ground. I sat on the ground and watched as they got to work, assembling all the pieces fairly quick.

"All done." Said Clay, standing back to admire his work. He wiped sweat off of his forehead with the back of his hand.

"Looks good boys," Nick's mom said, "here's your sleeping bags." she said as she tossed each of us a red and black sleeping bag.

The tent was surprisingly spacious, considering we had a 6'3 giant in here, and Nick, who wasn't far behind. I put my sleeping bag down between them, so they could have room on the outside again. We all sat in the tent and relaxed until the rest of Nick's family was all set up.

"Who wants to go swimming?" Nick asked.

"I do!" Clay said, getting very excited.

"Alright Clay you can change in here first." Nick said, exiting the tent. I followed after him. Clay shortly came out of the tent wearing his bathing suit, and I couldn't help but stare at his shirtless body.

"You like what you see?" Clay asked, as Nick crouched into the tent and zipped the door up. He must've noticed that I was staring.

"Shut up Clay." I said, punching him on the shoulder.

"Ouchie Georgie that hurt." Clay said, holding his arm and pretending to cry. Nick then emerged from the tent.

"Stop flirting George and go get changed." Nick said, lightly pushing me towards the tent. I closed up the tent and quickly changed into my bathing suit.

"The lake is this way." Nick said, motioning for us to follow. We went through a shortcut in the woods and arrived at a small dock, surrounded by trees.

"Last one in is a rotten egg!" Nick yelled, as he sprinted towards the water. I thought Clay was going to run after him, but instead he picked me up around the waist and started carrying me towards the water.

"CLAY NO PUT ME DOWN!" I yelled, while squirming in his arms to try and get out.

"If i'm going in, you're coming with me!" Clay yelled as he jumped in the water, still holding me.

"Clay you idiot." I yelled as I came back up to the surface, splashing water at Clay's face. We all played around in the water until it started to get dark. We then headed back towards the campsite where Nick's dad had made a fire.

"Hope everyone likes hotdogs." Nick's dad said as he pulled out a hotdog package and some bread.

"We all know Clay loves wieners." Nick said, smirking.

"Oh shut up Nick you idiot." Clay said, flicking Nick in the head. Clay seemed to be embarrassed by that comment, not sure why. I took a cooked hotdog and put it in the bun, eating it all very fast. By the time we were all done, it was getting really dark.

"Who wants to go explore the woods while it's dark?" Nick asked, a smirk creeping onto his face.

"Yes!" Clay said, standing up.

"Absolutely not!" I said. I hated the woods and the dark, so this seemed like a very bad idea.

"Oh come on George, we have flashlights, and you can hold Clay's hand so you don't get scared." Nick said, laughing.