Chapter 25

I walked in the house and ran upstairs. I stood outside the door to hear Clay talking to someone. I opened the door to see Clay on his bed talking on the phone. His eyes went wide as he got a good look at my face.

"I gotta go, bye." He quickly hung up the phone and stuck his arms out for me to walk into. I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck and put my chin on the top of his head. "What happened to you?"

"I got beat up by James, i'm alright though."

Clay looked up at me and put his right hand on my cheek. I smiled slightly as I looked down into his eyes.

"I can't believe he did that to you. Did he get in trouble?"

"Expelled." I smirked as Clay did.

"Good. That bitch deserves it."

"Who were you talking to on the phone?"

"Oh uh," Clay looked down at his hands as he laid back onto his pillow, "Grace."

My eyes widened as he said the name. Grace was his ex girlfriend from the previous year. Why had he been talking to her on the phone?

"Oh like your ex?"

He nodded, not looking up at me. He ran his right pointer finger gently along his knuckles on his left hand, which had been rested on his exposed stomach. The sound of his heater stirred throughout the silent room.

"Why were you talking to her?"

"Oh she was just asking me how I was doing and we were talking about her new school and stuff." He looked up and flipped his hair, not making eye contact with me.

I shrugged and stood up, sitting down in my chair to do some homework. I got to work on the geometry worksheet in silence, Clay not saying a word. I felt his eyes on me but I didn't look over to him, I focused on the problem in front of me.

"Are you mad at me?" He finally spoke into the silence, quietly.

"No."

I felt my phone vibrate on the table so I picked it up to see I had gotten a text from AJ.

Aj:
Hey man, how's the noggin?

Me:
I'm doing good. Thanks again for helping me today.

Aj:
No problem man. Wyd?

Me:
Just geometry. Probably will play some Minecraft later.

Aj:
Good let me play with you i'm bored.

I smiled down at the screen before putting my phone back down onto the desk. I picked up my pencil and started scribbling out my work for a problem.

"Who was that?" Clay asked.

I looked up from my worksheet to see him still laying back on his pillow, his left arm still across his stomach.

"Just Nick."

I didn't mean to lie, it just slipped out of my mouth. He was honest with me earlier, so why couldn't I be honest with him? I quickly finished up the worksheet and put it into my backpack. I pressed the button on my pc, powering it on.

Me:
You ready?

Aj:
Of course, send me your discord name.

I typed it out and waited for the friend request to come through. I put on my black headset and loaded into Minecraft while I waited. The friend request came through, so I accepted and added him to a call.

"Hellooooo." He said as the blip sound of him joining the call came through my headset.

"Hi. So a survival world?"

"Yea i'll make it."

Clay sat up in bed and looked at me.

"Who's that?" He asked me as I joined AJ's server he had just started.

"My friend AJ. He helped me today with everything."

"Oh cool." He laid back down and scrolled through his phone as I moved around on the world.

"Was that your brother?" AJ asked as I punched an oak tree for wood. I muted myself quickly to ask Clay if he was ok with me telling AJ about us. He nodded and smiled, before looking back down at his phone.

"Um no it was my boyfriend, Clay."

"Ohhhh I know Clay, and that's really cute."

We continued playing Minecraft for about an hour before he had to get off to do his homework. We said goodbye and logged off. I turned my pc off and crawled into bed next to Clay. He wrapped his right arm around my back as I laid my head down on his chest. I felt his heart beating against my ear. His cold, bare chest was comforting as I closed my eyes to the sound of his heart.

"I love you Clay, you know that right?"

"I love you too George."

                         —————————-

The rest of the school week was spent by Nick, Enzo, AJ, and I all hanging out during the day and becoming closer as friends. Although AJ and I seemed get along almost instantly, and our bond grew rapidly throughout the week. At times it seemed empty without Clay by my side, but it was nice to have a group even without him there. On Friday during my lunch wave, AJ and I were the first to the lunch table.

"Hey George, do you want to come over after school? I don't have anything to do and I don't want to be bored."

"Yea sure that would be fun." He smiled at me before taking a bite into his sandwich that he brought from home. Enzo and Nick walked in to the cafeteria and sat down with us.

The rest of the day dragged on as I sat through all my classes alone. It was hard not having Clay with me to help me get through the day. Enzo helped during our final class but the rest of the day was lonely. The final bell rang and I walked out of class with Enzo, who gave me a fist bump before we parted ways. I got the boys from the middle school and walked home quickly.

We walked in the front door to see Clay sitting at a stool in the kitchen. His ribs had been feeling better so he had been trying to walk around the house more instead of sitting in his bed all day. I gave him a hug and walked up the stairs to put my backpack down. I felt my phone vibrate so I looked at the notification to see that AJ had sent me his address.

Clay then slowly walked into the room and sat down on his bed. AJ didn't live in walking distance so I needed a bike or something else to use, except I didn't have one.

"Hey Clay?" I asked. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Yes?"

"Um do you have a bike I can borrow? I'm going over to AJ's for a bit."

"Yea go ahead it's in the garage. Have fun." I gave him a quick kiss and walked down the stairs and into the garage.

A blue and white bike sat in the corner, so I wheeled it out to the driveway before getting on. My feet barely touched the pedals since the seat had been to high, but I didn't bother to fix it. I started pedaling, on my way to AJ's house.

Hey guys! It's been a while since the last update and I want to apologize! I've been busy with school and i've also been having bad writers block, so i kinda hate this chapter but hopefully the chapters after it are better!

Thank you all for being patient. And thanks for all the support! We're almost at 10k reads which is crazy to me. I love you all❤️