Chapter 29

We both pulled away from the kiss after a few seconds. AJ looked down into my eyes and frowned.

"You don't wanna do this, George."

"What do you mean?"

"You don't actually want me. You just miss Clay." He looked down the hill at the houses below. He brought his knees up to his chest and hugged them.

"Yea I miss Clay, but right now AJ, I want you." He looked over quickly, still frowning.

"Then prove it, George." I smirked as I threw myself forward and kissed him hard.

His hand went to the back of my neck as our lips moved in sync together. Part of me longed for Clay's soft lips to be the ones I was kissing. But the other part of me loved the feeling of kissing AJ.

He pulled away and stood up, reaching his hand out. I took it as he led me back into the house and up the stairs to his room. He shut the door behind him and threw off his shoes. I did the same as he led me to the bed. He threw me down and climbed to be over top of me. My hands went to his hips as he brought our lips together once again. His lips traced down to my neck, a small breath escaping from my mouth.

"I don't care that this is only going to be for tonight, George." He said before bringing his mouth to meet mine again.

                —————————————-

I woke up next to AJ in bed. Our shirts were off. I let my head fall into my hands.

"What the hell did you do George." I thought to myself as I stood up and looked a the time. It was 7am. The night before had been a blur, and I was only able to remember the beginning. I shook my head to erase the thoughts, and slipped on my sweatshirt to cover my bare torso. I needed to go to school to take my mind off of things, although Clay and I had all the same classes.

AJ sat up in bed and looked over at me. He had bags under his eyes and his hair was a mess. He smiled at me and made his way into the hallway and into the bathroom. He came out later with his hair nicely made. He quickly threw on an outfit and picked up his backpack.

"You don't even have your backpack. Are we still going?"

I nodded and put my shoes on, following him into the garage where his mom waited in the car. He hopped in the front seat and I crawled into the seat behind him. They talked about random stuff the whole car ride, while I sat staring out the window.

We walked into school together as AJ's mom drove away behind us. I didn't bother going into the cafeteria like I usually did, but instead walked straight to my first class.

"Text me if you need anything." AJ said to me as he walked towards his first class. I nodded and walked into the classroom.

I took a deep breath and let it out once I realized that Clay had not been there yet. I sat down in a desk on the opposite side of the room to where my original seat was. I opened my phone for the first time since yesterday to see I still had many missed calls and texts.

Henry:
Please come home George I miss you.

I frowned as I swiped out of the message. I missed Henry too but there was no way I was going back home to Clay.

Clay's Mom:
Honey i'm very worried, please let me know if you're ok.

Me:
I'm ok, i've been with a friend.

Right before the bell rang, I looked up to see Clay walking into the classroom. His hair was a mess and his eyes were red and swollen, as if he had been crying and had not slept. I didn't make eye contact but I felt his eyes on me. I wanted to cry. I wanted to let everything that was being held inside of me out, but I couldn't. Not in class.